The Padcaster & Lencaster Combo for iPad 2nd, 3rd & 4th Gen is designed to allow you to improve the quality of video shot using an iPad 2nd, 3rd or 4th Gen. The lightweight, brushed aluminum frame has 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes around all edges for attaching external microphones, lights and other accessories. This allows for greater creative control over filming. A black urethane insert allows the iPad to fit snugly into the frame. The Padcaster can also be attached to a tripod, monopod or shoulder mount using the tripod thread and locking-pin hole. By removing the insert, you can use the frame as a DSLR cage for added versatility.
The included Lenscaster has a built-in 72mm thread that allows you to attach an SLR lens when used with a 35mm adapter (sold separately) to adjust the focus and depth of field. If you have a lens with a rear thread of 58mm, you'll need a step-up ring (sold separately). A 72-58mm step-down ring is included with the Lenscaster. When working with the built-in fixed lens of an iPad, different close-up filters can be used in front of the 35mm adapter with a lens connected to the end.
- Brushed aluminum frame with 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes around the edges
- Tripod thread and locking pin hole allow you to connect it to a tripod, monopod or shoulder mount
- Urethane insert allows a snug fit for an iPad 2nd, 3rd or 4th Gen
- Take out the insert to use the Padcaster as a DSLR cage
- Lenscaster allows you to attach a user-supplied lens to the Padcaster