The Platinum Tools Voice, Data, & Video MapMaster is a tester that combines continuity testing, mapping, and tone generator functions into a single unit. It is capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time. This MapMaster is suitable for both residential as well as commercial applications.
The included Coax Remote Set for VDV MapMaster features 19 custom F remotes, which are numbered 1 through 19 for easy identification. These remotes allow for mapping of up to 19 video (coax) cables connected to the MapMaster.
The included VDV MapMaster RJ45/12 Remote is a replacement remote used for testing networks. It maps your network first to help identify the extra master remote.
- Tests voice (6 wires), data (8 wires), and video (coax)
- Easy to read, extra large 7-segment LCD screen with large icons
- Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
- RJ (voice & data) master remote stores in bottom of case (remotes sold separately)
- Map 19 locations at one time
- Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens, reversals, miswires, and split pairs
- Displays Pass icon for correctly wired T568A/B 8- & 6-pin and crossover/uplink
- Low power consumption for long battery life
- Auto power-off
- Tests CAT-6, CAT5e, CAT5, CAT4, CAT3, and coax cables and shielded cables
- Mapping video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes (sold separately) at the same time to improve testing efficiency of tech cable (both data & coax cables in 1 jacket)
- Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote (sold separately) from storage
- Cable test results displayed in a wire map format with connector pin numbers
- Low battery icon indicator
- Voltage detection warning icon
- Loop On sets up continuous mode, which is useful for trouble shooting intermittent problems
- Made in USA