The Platinum Tools TCC200 Coax Clarifier Kit with 2 Coax RF Remotes includes the Coax Clarifier with 4 AA alkaline batteries, No. 1 and 2 Coax RF Remotes, No. 1 to 4 ID Only Coax Remote Set in a Foam Holder, 12” Screw-On Female-Jack to Push-On Female-Plug Cable Assembly, Female-Jack to BNC-Jack Adapter, 3 Female-Jack to Push-On Plug Adapters, 3 F81 Female Connector Couplers, 4 Female Terminator Plugs, and Hanging Storage Pouch.
The included Coax Clarifier makes it easy to discern the layout of a dark coax network, locate faults on individual cable runs, identify remotes through splitters, and determine cable run lengths. Separate wire mapping sets allows mapping the entire coax system and measure the quality and network characterization for carrying high grade video, surveillance data and HD programming.
Note: For best measurement accuracy, the cable network or individual splitter must be properly terminated. Use the included F-Terminator plug accessory to terminate unused connections.
- Easy to operate and all-in-one handheld instrument
- Test, identify, and qualify dark coax networks
- One pass coax cable run mapping
- Coax Run Mapping: Maps runs through splitters to show an accurate picture of the coax system layout using up to 4 Coax RF Remotes (2 RF remotes included) and up to 12 ID Only Coax Remotes (4 ID Only Coax Remotes Set included) for wire-mapping on home runs
- Tests through splitters
- Determines cable run length and reports the location of an open or un-terminated cable
- Displays cable run quality
- Detects Coax RF Remotes through splitters
- Locates splitters in the system
- Tests and grades splitter performance
- Measures length of coax cable in feet or meters and measures a single cable length up to 1,500' (457.2m)
- Measures overall network quality and clearly depicts network reading as both a bar graph and a digital return loss number, measured in dB
- Large seven-segment, backlight LCD screen with icons that clearly display test results
- Automatic pre-test voltage checks
- Tone generator with selectable tone cadence to easily trace cable runs and Tone Tracking to trace coax runs with 4 unique tones to quickly distinguish between respective outlets
- Conserves power and supports long battery life with Auto-Off feature and battery-low icon
- Four AA alkaline batteries included
Fast testing using multiple wire-mapping remotes
Quickly discover coax system layout configuration to save time
All Testing in One Unit: Discovery, quality, and condition
Clear concise measurement display for easy understanding of capability of each run