The Panasonic WJHDE40027000T3DVR Expansion Unit with 27 TB HDD is designed for the recorder (such as network disk recorder WJ-ND400K). Operation in the RAID (Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks) mode is available with this extension unit.
- HDD fault-tolerance system
The RAID function is available as the HDD fault-tolerance system. In addition to the RAID 5 mode that recovers data when a single hard disk drive becomes faulty, there is RAID 6 mode that can recover data even if 2 hard disk drives became faulty. Operation in the RAID mode is one of the solutions as the HDD fault-tolerance system that prevents data loss when handling a large amount of data on a large amount of storage.
- To use in the RAID 5 or the RAID 6 mode, it is necessary to install 3 or more hard disk drives and 4 or more hard disk drives respectively.
- Logical disk capacity when using in the RAID 5 mode Logical disk capacity = Capacity of the smallest among the hard disk drives in the recorder x (number of the hard disk drives in the recorder - 1)
- Logical disk capacity when using in the RAID 6 mode Logical disk capacity = Capacity of the smallest among the hard disk drives in the recorder x (number of the hard disk drives in the recorder - 2)
- Depending on the model of the hard disk drive, the available capacity may be a few percent smaller.
- Easy replacement of HDDs
It is easy to insert or remove the HDD unit from the HDD slots in the extension unit. When 2 or more HDD units are already installed, it is possible to replace the HDD units without stopping the current recording. When using a network disk recorder, malfunctions can be decreased and replacement of the HDD unit can easily be done by following the guidance displayed on the LCD.
To install hard disk drive in the extension unit, it is necessary to assemble an HDD unit (encase the hard disk drive in the HDD canister). The HDD unit can be easily be installed or removed in or from the HDD slots inside the front cover.