The Bretford MDMLAP20NR-CTAL 20-Unit Laptop / Netbook Storage Cart stores, charges, and updates up to 20 laptops simultaneously, and comes standard with front and rear lockable doors. It comes pre-wired with Ethernet cables, has dedicated space for your network switch, and features superb heat dissipation.
The cart features new and improved Power Manager, which is designed to continuously charge the laptops using only one wall outlet. It comes with four, 6-outlet power strips plugged into the Power Manager which uses a standard 15A wall outlet to regulate power in the cart. The system uses a Round Robin charging cycle that constantly evaluates the demand for power and allows each electrical strip time to cool down. The Power Manager is attached to the upper back left section of the interior cabinet and is accessed through the rear doors. LED indicator lights and one auxiliary outlet are included on the side of the cart. The power management unit is overload protected and includes a 9’ (2.74m) power cord.
When the total draw of the devices allows it, the network switch will turn on automatically and receive continuous power until the unit is powered off. Two heat sensors inside the cart communicate the internal temperature to the Power Manager. When it exceeds 77°F (25°C), the fans will turn on and if it gets above 100°F (37.77°C) the system will stop sending power until the cart cools down. This ensures that the internal temperature of the cart does not exceed the recommended levels.
When the Power Manager has moved through all of power modes, the power required for all 6 power strips will be below 10A and the network switch will be powered on. Once on, the network switch will always receive power until the Power Manager is manually turned off.
If the combined draw of the power strips and network switch exceeds 10A, the cart will revert to Smart Charge mode. The network switch will continue to get power but some computers will be running on battery power every three minutes as the Power Manager redistributes the current.
Since computers can receive updates while operating on battery power, the update can now be sent to all 20 of them at once. If the computers are powered on manually, updates can be sent to the entire cart simultaneously.
The Desktop Cord Management system allows you to organize the computer cord sets while seated at a table. The cart comes pre-wired from the factory with 20 network cables secured in the rear cable management compartment. A dedicated space for a 19” (482.6mm) rack-mounted network switch is located in the upper right of the back compartment and an additional network cable is included to connect the user-provided switch to the external network through the Ethernet port located on the side of the cart.
- Ships fully assembled and pre-wired with twenty-one Ethernet cables. Dedicated space for 19" (482.6mm) rack-mounted network switch is located in the upper right of the back compartment.
- Two shelves with 10 compartments per shelf for up to twenty laptops or netbooks. Laser-printed numbers provide identification on every device slot and the plastic shelf dividers may be removed for storing larger items.
- Power Manager that works with a standard 15A electrical circuit and is designed to analyze power requirements. The system constantly evaluates the amount of power that can be drawn, and safely and efficiently distributes current to the devices in a Round Robin cycle. The Power Manager not only prevents circuit tripping but also allows each set of device batteries to cool down between charging cycles, thereby extending their life.
- The Power Manager also features temperature sensors that control 2 fans located on the side of the cart. This ensures that the heat dissipation measures featured in the cart maintain a temperature within the laptops operating limits.
- The Power Manager uses the power from a single wall outlet to charge and update laptops safely and efficiently.
- A full-access door in front for the user and a full access door in rear for the IT administrator.
- Cable management in the front positions power cords and network cables to plug into laptops. Cord management at the back of the cart is provided by removable plates with hook-and-loop straps to secure cords and adapters. The interior divider panel has holes that allow the cables to pass through to the front of the cart.
- Laser-cut ID numbers both at the front and back help keep computers and their cable sets in the right place and make it easy to identify if something is missing.
- Security is provided by the solid steel construction; the locking handle can be opened using either a re-programmable combination or a key.
- Easy-rolling 5" (127mm) casters swivel for maneuvering through tight spaces, and 2 can be fixed to provide added control when moving down a hall.
- Constructed using an average 30% post-consumer recycled steel content and finished in environmentally friendly powder paint. The steel components are 100% recyclable at the end of the product life cycle. It is UL60950 certified for safety of technology equipment and GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) certified for low-emitting products.
- Made in USA, Chicago area manufacturing facility using union labor.