The Acrobat XI Pro Software (Student and Teacher Edition for Mac) from Adobe is a software suite that allows you to create industry-standard PDF (Portable Document Format) documents. Unlike web pages, PDFs display the same on computer screens, smart phones, and when printed, making them a great option as a delivery mechanism for brochures, press releases, product manuals, and more.
Acrobat Pro gives you numerous tools with which to create and edit PDFs. It can convert other document types into the format -- including paper documents that you have scanned. You'll also have the option of exporting PDFs to common file formats, including Word and Excel. Collaboration tools, including version tracking, commenting, and comparison, helps to streamline productivity when working in groups.
Acrobat Pro also supports PDF form creation, electronic document signing, and password protection. Tools are available which make it easy to share PDFs via Adobe SendNow, so you won't have to worry about e-mail attachment size caps or complicated FTP procedures. Using electronic delivery helps to reduce paper usage and postage costs -- actions that make both economic and ecologic sense.
Please note that only eligible students and teachers are allowed to purchase this product for academic purposes.
Convert or Scan to PDF
- PDF File Conversion
- Create PDF documents from any application that prints, including one-button conversion from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access, as well as Firefox and Lotus Notes - without ever leaving your authoring application.
- Scanning to PDF
- Scan and convert paper documents and forms to PDF. Make scanned text searchable automatically with OCR, and then check and fix suspected errors. Text can be exported for reuse in other applications.
- HTML to PDF
- With a single click from within Internet Explorer or Firefox, capture web pages as PDF files, keeping all links intact. Convert only a portion of the page by selecting just the content you want.
- E-Mail to PDF
- Handle e-mail-based communication more efficiently and simplify e-mail search and retrieval. Archive e-mails or e-mail folders from Microsoft Outlook or IBM Lotus Notes with one-button ease.
Export and Edit PDF Files
- PDF to Word
- Save PDF files as Word documents with improved preservation of formatting and layouts. Relative positioning of tables, images, and even multicolumn text is preserved, as well as page, paragraph, and font attributes.
- PDF to Excel
- Expedite reuse of content by converting PDF document data to Excel file formats. Even select a portion of a PDF page and export it to an editable format.
- Editing PDF Files
- Quickly and easily edit PDF documents without going back to the original source files. Save time by making simple changes to text and images directly within PDF files. Remove, reorder, and rotate PDF pages.
- Printing Preparation
- Reduce errors and delays at the printer. Preview, preflight, correct, and prepare PDF files for high-end print production and digital publishing.
Combine Files from Multiple Applications
- PDF Portfolio Assembly
- Quickly assemble a wide range of file types -- including audio, video, and rich media content -- into a polished, organized PDF Portfolio using the new PDF Portfolio Wizard.
- PDF Portfolio Customization
- Easily customize PDF Portfolios with included layouts, visual themes, and color palettes. Add corporate logos and colors to reflect your branding. Import custom PDF Portfolio layouts and themes developed by third-party developers and designers.
- Rich Media
- Quickly bring ideas to life through rich, interactive documents. Insert audio, Flash Player compatible video, and interactive media into PDF files, for seamless playback in Adobe Reader X or Reader 9.
- Attaching Native Files
- Make sure source files are simple to locate, access, and archive. Attach them to any PDF document in their original, native formats, ensuring a more complete document of record.
Increase Productivity and Process Consistency
- Action Wizard
- Automate routine, multistep tasks into a guided Action. Create, manage, execute, and share a sequence of frequently used steps that can be applied to a single PDF or batches of files.
- Quick Tools
- Quickly access the tools you use most -- from your favorite PDF document editing tools to your most-often used comment and markup tools -- by adding them to the Quick Tools area.
- Version Comparison
- Eliminate confusion and improve version control. Easily identify differences between two versions of a PDF file by having Acrobat analyze both files and highlight changes to text and images.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint
- Work seamlessly with PDF files in Microsoft SharePoint. Access SharePoint from any Acrobat Open or Save dialog box. Open PDF files from SharePoint for viewing. Check them out for editing, and then check them back in.
Streamline Online Document Reviews
- Commenting Tools
- Review and mark up PDF files using a complete set of familiar commenting tools, including sticky note and highlighter tools, lines, and stamps.
- Online Document Reviews
- Gain the feedback you need, faster, through easy-to-manage, shared document reviews that allow participants to see and build on one another's comments. Easily track progress and participation, add reviewers, and e-mail updates or reminders.
- Extending Reader Functionality
- Enable Adobe Reader X or Reader 9 users to participate in shared reviews, fill and save forms, and digitally sign and approve PDF documents -- regardless of platform or operating system.
- Commenting Tool Pane
- Access markup tools and view comments from a single, unified tool pane. View all comments in a searchable list that can be filtered and sorted by page, author, and date.
Collect Data with Fillable PDF Forms
- Digital Signatures
- Digitally sign PDF documents, or add document timestamps. Add certified digital signatures to help recipients validate document authenticity and integrity.
- Enabling Reader Users to Sign
- Enable Adobe Reader X or Reader 9 users to digitally sign PDF documents and forms or add document timestamps.
- Passwords and Permissions
- Use passwords to help control access to your PDF documents. Apply permissions to restrict printing, copying, or altering. Save passwords and permissions as security policies that can be easily applied to new PDF files.
- Permanent Information Removal
- Use redaction tools to permanently delete sensitive information, including specific text and illustrations. Easily sanitize documents with one click, finding and deleting hidden information such as metadata, annotations, attachments, form fields, layers, and bookmarks.
Comply with PDF and Accessibility Standards
- Standards Support
- Comply with ISO standards for creating and validating PDF documents, including PDF/A for archiving, PDF/E for engineering, and PDF/X for print production. Fix documents that do not conform.
- Accessible PDF files
- Check, adjust, and validate documents to ensure accessibility for people with disabilities such as blindness or low vision. Set high-contrast colors for better visibility, and enable large-type display.
- PAdES signatures
- Comply with PDF digital signature standards, including ETSI PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signatures) Parts 2, 3, and 4.
Read, Search, and Share PDF files
- Optimized Viewing Mode
- Maximize your screen for optimal reading and presentation of PDF files with the new Reading Mode. Menus and panels disappear, and a transparent floating toolbar appears, to help you navigate PDF files more easily.
- Online File Sharing
- Use Adobe SendNow online services from within Acrobat to send, share, and track large files without the headaches of e-mail size restrictions, FTP sites, and costly overnight services.