The LRM 3500CI 7x25 Rangefinder Monocular from Newcon Optik is a handheld electro-optical device built for measuring distances up to 3.5 kilometers away. A three channel rangefinder system (fully multicoated optic, infrared laser emitter, pulse wave receiver) produces readings that are accurate to within one meter. This rangefinder utilizes an eye-safe class 1 IR laser, proprietary circuitry, and an in-view LCD to deliver reliable and user-friendly operation. This configuration of the LRM also integrates a built-in digital compass and inclinometer to calculate useful data about the target.
In addition to the 3500m measurement range, two features setting the LRM 3500CI apart from consumer-level rangefinders is the RS-232 serial interface port and GPS compatibility. Integrating rangefinder data with map source, GIS data, or other open source platform is almost plug-and-play with the LRM 3500CI. Simply install the included software on your computer, change the rangefinder's interface mode in the system menu, then connect the peripheral device and the operator is ready to share data between the rangefinder and the peripheral.
Several measurement modes enable the operator to select the LRM 3500CI functions useful for their task. As well as simple data measurements like linear distance, direction, or elevation, the rangefinder is capable of integrating multiple sensor readings to calculate complex measurements like actual distance. Using Gating Mode, the operator can also use this versatile rangefinder to reject measurements below a user-defined threshold. By ignoring objects that can lead to incorrect measurements, Gating Mode helps the operator pinpoint their target when it is set among several other objects within the visual scene.
The LRM 3500CI also includes a speed detection feature that is especially useful for border patrol and surveillance applications. The speed detector is activated with the same interface button as the rangefinder and displays the target's speed in the display overlay. Two selectable reticle options, ten-measurement memory recall, and target measurement reliability indicator equip the LRM 3500CI with a range of features required by law enforcement and military personnel.
A rubber armored housing and oversized interface buttons provides the LRM 3500CI with a non-slip grip that will come in handy while wearing gloves or when conditions are cold or wet. Further enhancing the construction features, this rangefinder is water-resistant and built to operate in freezing temperatures. Fully multicoated optics, built-in tripod mounting thread, and a battery-saving auto-off function make the LRM 3500CI a full-featured rangefinder for patrol, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations.
- Optical Performance
- 7x magnification, 25mm objective
- Fully multicoated optics
- 905nm class 1 infrared laser
- Three channel rangefinder system
- 11-3828 yd (10-3500m) range with ±1.1 yd (1m) accuracy
- 1.1 yd (1m) measurement resolution, 0.5 sec estimated measurement time
- 8° field of view, 56° apparent viewing angle
- ±4 diopter adjustment range
- Use and Handling
- Compass with 360° range and ±1° accuracy
- Inclinometer with 60° range and ±1° accuracy
- Speed detector with 3-249 mph (5-400 km/h) range and ±1 mph (1.6 km/h) accuracy
- Gating mode for setting the minimum target range (100-3500m)
- RS-232 serial connection for two-way communication with computer
- GPS compatible (PLGR/DAGR) using DB-15 connector
- 10 measurement memory recall
- Selectable crosshair/square reticle
- Measurement reliability indicators (Low/Med/High)
- In-view LCD display with overlaid system icons
- Scan mode for continuous measurement
- Measurement display in yards/meters, mph/kmh, mils/degrees
- Low-battery indicator
- Single 9V battery operation
- 1/4" tripod mounting thread
- Construction Details
- Water-resistant housing with rubber armoring
- -13 to 122°F (-25 to 50°C) operating temperature
- 5x5x2.4" (13x12.5x6 cm) dimensions
- 15.7 oz (445 g) weight