The LRB 21K 8x43 Rangefinder Biocular from Newcon Optik is a handheld electro-optical device built for measuring distances up to 21 kilometers away. A fully multicoated optical path, infrared laser pulse emitter, and pulse wave receiver are capable of measurement accuracy to within one meter. This configuration of the laser rangefinder binocular (LRB) integrates a built-in three-axis compass, inclinometer, and GPS receiver to calculate a range of useful data about the target.
This rangefinder's eye-safe 1540nm infrared laser is invisible to night vision devices, helping military and law enforcement personnel to maintain covert posture while operating the LRB in the field. Two selectable reticle options, multi-line LED overlay, and external power supply option help make the LRB 21K a full-featured long-range rangefinder for a wide range of tactical, navigational, and civil engineering applications.
Several measurement modes enable the operator to select the LRB 21K functions specific to their task. As well as simple data measurements like linear distance, direction, or elevation, this rangefinder is also capable of integrating multiple sensor readings to calculate complex measurements like true distance, azimuth, elevation, GPS coordinate triangulation, and distance between two targets. Using the LRB's range gating function, an operator can reject measurements not within the user-defined target range. By ignoring objects outside that measurement range, Gating Mode helps the operator pinpoint their target when it is set among other objects in the visual scene.
In addition to the impressive 21-kilometer maximum ranging distance and sophisticated circuitry, two features that define the LRB 21K are the mil-spec housing and the RS-232 interface port. The ability to transmit serial data from the LRB to a computer allows the operator to mark waypoints, log GIS information, and utilize LRB data in open source platforms. The LRB's oversized interface buttons and threaded tripod mount provide a user-friendly experience that will come in handy while wearing gloves and during extended-observation and surveying tasks. Further enhancing the construction features are a shockproof chassis and weatherproof sealing that comply with Mil-Std 810 performance standards.
- Optical Performance
- 8x magnification, 43mm objective diameter, 7° field of view
- 55-22,966 yd (50-21,000m) range with ±5.5 yd (5m) accuracy
- Class 1 eye-safe single-pulse erbium glass infrared laser
- 1540nm laser wavelength is invisible to night vision devices
- ±4 diopter adjustment range
- Use and Handling
- Dedicated First/Last target selection buttons
- Gating mode for setting the minimum target range
- RS-232 port for serial data communication with computer
- Powered by 2CR5 battery or external power supply
- Multi-line LED display
- 1/4" tripod mount
- Construction Details
- Mil-Std 810G weatherproof/shockproof housing
- -31 to 122°F (-35 to 50°C) operating temperature
- 8.9x8.6x4.3" (22.5x22x11 cm) dimensions
- 3.6 lb (2.2 kg) weight