The 20x/40x100 Big Eye Binocular from Newcon Optik is a long-range observation device designed for border patrol, maritime surveillance, and other mission-critical glassing applications. The optical path is engineered to transmit clear and crisp images across the entire field of view, even in low-light conditions. Low-light performance and image clarity are delivered by the Big Eye's 100mm objective lenses, fully multicoated elements, and BAK-6 Porro prisms. This binocular's Porro prism design helps produce a 60° inclined eyepiece configuration that is essential for comfortable long-duration observations.
The Big Eye comes with 20x and 40x magnification eyepiece sets that are interchangeable with the objective housing's quick-release eyepiece mount. Both eyepiece pairs have individual focus oculars and peel-down eyecups, as well as apparent viewing angles (50°/60°) and eye relief distances (20.5mm/14.5mm) that are impressive for a high-magnification optic.
A nitrogen-filled aerospace aluminum housing equips the Big Eye to perform in the elements; torrential rain, freezing temperature, and extreme humidity, the Big Eye was built to see through it all. A supplied U-Bracket mount centers the binocular's mass over the tripod, and also permits the binocular to rotate 360° and tilt from 45° below horizon to 90° above horizon using knurled handles on both sides of the bracket. The included tripod features a convenient eyepiece holder and adjustable two-section metal legs that provide a steady viewing platform for the U-Bracket-mounted Big Eye.
- Optical Performance
- 20x and 40x magnification, 100mm objective lenses
- Fully multicoated optics, BAK-6 Porro prisms
- 2.5° (20x), 1.5° (40x) angle of view
- 131 ft / 40m (20x), 79 ft / 24m (40x) FOV at 1000 yd
- 20.5mm (20x), 14.5mm (40x) approximate eye relief
- 82 ft / 25m minimum focus distance
- Use and Handling
- 60° inclined eyepieces
- Individual focus eyepiece oculars
- U-Bracket with horizontal/vertical adjustment and tripod mount
- 360° horizontal rotation, -45° to +90° vertical tilt
- Included tripod with eyepiece caddy
- Construction Details
- Aerospace aluminum construction
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof/waterproof housing
- -22 to 77°F (-30 to 25°C) operating temperature
- 16.5x10x5" (42x26x12.5 cm) binocular dimensions
- 9 lb (7 kg) weight without tripod