The Acer Aspire TimelineUltra M5-581T-6594 15.6" Notebook Computer features a reliable balance between mobility and performance. The 15.6" HD CineCrystal display on this Acer Ultrabook has a 1366 x 768 native resolution and a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. The screen is also backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The visuals are handled by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM (2GB onboard and a 4GB RAM module), 520GB of hard drive storage (500GB 5400rpm hard drive and a 20GB solid state drive cache), a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- Just because this Acer notebook is small and compact doesn't mean it sacrifices performance. It houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a speed of 1.7GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, this Acer notebook allows you to switch between applications quickly and efficiently
- A Display of Excellence
- This Acer notebook has a 15.6" HD CineCrystal display with edge-to-edge glass. It has LED backlighting for faster brightening and lower power consumption. If the 1366 x 768 native resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio are not cutting it for you while at home, the built-in HDMI port make it easy to connect to a larger external display, such as a HD monitor or a HDTV (HDMI cable sold separately)
- Elegant Mobility
- Measuring only 0.81" thin and weighing in at just under 5 pounds, this Acer notebook can be placed in a backpack or tote bag with ease. The pure, uncluttered design not only looks good, but enhances your everyday computing experience
- Wireless Connectivity
- Stay connected to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. This Acer notebook remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords. This Acer notebook also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can connect all your peripherals without the hassle of cables
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- This Acer notebook has two USB 3.0 ports, which has a 5Gbps data transfer rate. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use all your USB devices and peripherals