The Echo Express II Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis from Sonnet can be used with any Thunderbolt-equipped computer making it both versatile and efficient. This high-end expansion chassis is capable of holding two half-length (up to 7.25" long), full height, single-width, x16 PCIe 2.0 cards or a single double-width card. Daisy chaining this chassis along with up to five other Thunderbolt devices is simple as it comes equipped with dual Thunderbolt ports. Once connected you benefit from throughput speeds up to 10Gb/s along with 8Gb Fiber Channel, an audio interface, RAID control and more.
This energy efficient chassis includes temperature-controlled variable-speed fans that adjust to the temperature of the cards inserted into the chassis by speeding up for cards that run hot and slowing down for cooler cards. Along with temperature-controlled variable-speed fans, energy saver mode allows the chassis to automatically shut down when powering down the computer.
- PCIe 2.0 Card Over Thunderbolt
- Sonnet's Echo Express II Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards makes it possible to use full-size professional video capture, audio interface, SAS & SATA HBA, 8Gb Fiber Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controller PCIe cards with your iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro.
- Expanding Outside the Box
- Sonnet utilizes Thunderbolt technology enabling you to connect high performance expansion cards to computers without expansion slots. Thunderbolt technology supports high-performance data services and high-resolution displays through a single, compact port. Thunderbolt provides support for two channels on the same connector with 10Gb/s of throughput per channel in both directions. Connected via a Thunderbolt cable, an Echo Expansion Chassis carries the computer's PCIe channel to the PCIe slot and passes both PCIe and DisplayPort data through a second Thunderbolt port for daisy chaining other devices.
- Smart Design Inside and Out
- Constructed of rugged aluminum, the outer shell of the Echo Express II helps transfer heat away from installed PCIe cards and securely protects the inside. The Sonnet Echo Express II includes an integrated 100W universal power supply while the top cover slides off for quick access to the PCIe slots and installation of cards. Ventilated front and back panels plus quiet, temperature-controlled fans help keep even the hottest cards cool. When not needed, the fans slow down reducing background noise. This Echo Express product is also enviro-friendly as it automatically powers on and off with your computer.
- Supports Two x16 PCIe 2.0 Cards
- The Echo Express II supports two half-length (up to 7.25" long), full-height, single-width, x16 PCIe 2.0 cards (or one double-width card) along with built-in support for an I/O bracket.
- Strong Link in the Chain
- This Sonnet solution supports daisy chaining of additional Thunderbolt technology-enabled peripherals such as an additional Echo Express, an Apple Thunderbolt Display, video capture devices, and data storage devices. For connected devices requiring extra power, 10 watts is provided through the daisy chain port to power a variety of peripherals.