The Sony CA-TX70 Digital Triax Camera Adaptor for HXC-D70, PMW320/400/500 is for camera owners who wish to integrate their cameras into a production environment that uses Digital Triax to control the camera functioins. It attaches to the camera/camcorder body and adapts the HXC-D70, PMW320/400/500 for use with an available HXCU-100 CCU (Camera Control Unit), expanding the capabilities of your camera.
When connected to the compatible HXCU-100 CCU (not included), the system provides the camera with Tally, intercom connections, mic switch, as well as return signal select. The CA-TX70 features a Prompter output, and the adapter allows the camera/camcorder to communicate with a CCU at distances of upto 1968 feet when using appropriate cable and CCU.
- Triax System
Allows the HXC-D70, PMW200/400/500 to interface with Triax cable systems, providing the following features when using an available CCU.
- Tally - red/green light
- Intercom functions - including connector for headset, intercom level adjustment, mic switch, and call button.
- Prompter output
- Return signal - allows the operator to select and view what the other camera operators are shooting.
- The adapter allows compatible cameras to interface with an HXCU-100
- A specific firmware version is required for the HXC-D70, PMW-320/350, or PMW-500 to attach the CA-FB70 or CA-TX70. Please contact your nearest Sony sales office for details.
- When combining PMW-320/350/500 camcorders and the CA-FB70 or the CA-TX70, TC (timecode), REC trigger signals are unavailable on the SDI output from the camera control unit (CCU). For more details, please contact your nearest Sony office.
- CBK-HD02 is required when the CA-FB70 or CA-TX70 is configured with PMW-500. CBK-CE01 is required when the CA-FB70 or CA-TX70 is configured with PMW-350/320.