Smoke for Mac 2013 Commercial New SLM by Autodesk is a single-user license available by electronic download for the Mac operating system. Smoke integrates editing, node-based compositing, motion graphics, 3D CGI and color-correction tools into one application. Smoke is a standalone system, but is able to conform timelines and share media with select NLE systems. Smoke features an integrated 3D environment that integrates with select 3D animation software. This provides you with keying, tracking, 3D lighting, and shading functions in a single 3D compositing toolset.
Smoke is built on a 64-bit multithreaded architecture that can handle complex composites while remaining responsive. It features native support for Red, SonyRaw, ArriRaw and ProRes files, sparing you from having to work with proxy files or wait for your footage to be transcoded. Smoke follows established editing conventions, and the user interface is customizable, allowing you to work the way you want to work.
- Editing and Effects Combined
- Smoke integrates the traditional non-linear editing workflow with high-end effects, motion graphics and color grading tools in a single application that helps you eliminate round tripping.
- Professional Editing
- Smoke was designed with the timeline as its creative base. Editing and trimming tools, hotkeys, audio controls and media bins follow established NLE conventions easing the transitions between platforms, increasing productivity.
- Moving between editing and effects is virtually seamless as the dynamic UI of Smoke reshapes itself to the task at hand. Because rendered results are automatically fed back into your timeline, changes and updates are not a problem.
- Accurate Conform Tools
- Smoke offers powerful conform workflows with the most popular editorial software. So you can start on another NLE, and then tweak, composite, add graphics and 3D effects, color-correct and finish in Smoke. You can import projects and media files from Final Cut Pro X via XML. If you're working with Media Composer or Premiere Pro, you can access multi-layer timelines and media using AAF.
- Media Management
- With Smoke 2013, your media is managed automatically in one place and within a single project. MediaHub is an intuitive and easy way to manage the media in your project -- from ingest to edit to effects and archiving.
- Native Support for the Formats You Need
- Smoke supports ProRes, Red, SonyRaw and ArriRaw files, so you can work natively or create local optimized media in the background from uncompressed image sequences.
- ConnectFX: Node-Based Compositing
With the ConnectFX feature, you can quickly apply multiple effects to timeline segments or gaps in a customizable and flexible effects pipeline.
- Combine intuitive effects tools, including keying, 3D compositing, relighting, plug-in type effects, paint, and text.
- Move quickly between layer-based timeline effects and a customizable schematic view. Experiment right in the timeline until you get the look you want, without having to open a separate effects program and send media back and forth between the two.
- Results of your effects work are viewable on the timeline
- Smoke & 3D
Smoke has a full 3D titling system and the ability to import 3D geometry. Text can be extruded and beveled, and objects can be textured and cast shadows. Action is Smoke's interactive, true 3D creative compositing environment.
- Mix video with 2D and 3D elements.
- Design 3D text, titles and logos and 3D motion graphics.
- Smoke offers sophisticated relighting tools for creating highly stylized lighting effects such as 3D lens flares, volumetric light rays, true 3D cast shadows and blooming. -- all from the timeline.
- Controls are keyframeable, allowing you to animate your effects, and the intuitive nature of the tools make it easy to modify and adjust the effects and tweak the timing.
- Smoke supports both Autodesk FBX asset exchange and Alembic open interchange formats, so it can integrate with Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage and select third party software.
- New Color Management Engine and ACES Support
- Smoke now supports the powerful new Academy/ASC color transform format. These color transforms are applied using a new floating-point color management engine that has been integrated into the viewer/player, the broadcast monitor, and the LUT Editor. The LUT Editor also includes the ability to combine multiple color transforms and export them. There is also a collection of over 100 color transforms, which includes support for the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES).
- Flexible System Requirements
- Smoke supports iMacs, MacBook Pro laptops, MacBook Pros and fast Thunderbolt storage.
- Learning Smoke is Easy
- Autodesk has redesigned Smoke easy to learn and use. Extensive training resources are available, including online documentation, tutorials, tips & tricks, webcasts, the AREA online community forum, the Smoke Learning Channel on YouTube, and paid Smoke trainings.