Avid's Symphony 6 to Symphony 6.5 Software Upgrade is an upgrade from Symphony 6 to Symphony 6.5. Symphony 6.5 has all of the same features, tools, and workflows as Media Composer, plus advanced and secondary color correction, Boris Continuum Complete, and Universal Mastering tools. Whether you edit movies, TV shows, commercials, or other video, this industry-standard solution provides 64-bit performance, easy-to-use video editing tools, and streamlined HD, file-based, and stereo 3D workflows to complete projects fast.
And now it's even better with new versioning and archive workflows, more open ways of working with third-party software and hardware, and more powerful audio tools for video editors than any other NLE.
And now, when you buy Symphony 6.5, you'll also get an upgrade to Media Composer 7.0 with the Symphony Option - the next generation of the Media Composer family.
Note: The Symphony 6.5 upgrade is available for purchase as a download only.
- What's Included
Symphony Software: Edit and finish HD, SD, and stereoscopic 3D material
Avid DVD: Author DVDs (Windows Only)
Avid FX: Create and animate titles, effects, transitions, and more
Boris Continuum Complete: Create stunning visual effects
Sorenson Squeeze: Optimize and deliver content for web or disc play
EDL Manager: Export timecode metadata
FilmScribe: Export film metadata
Log Exchange: Convert shot logs into ALE files
MediaLog: Manage logging and metadata
Upgrade to Media Composer 7.0 with Symphony Option (provided when it becomes publically available)
- Version and archive finished sequences with AS-02
- Create master-quality archives with JPEG 2000 support
- Export content back to the original AMA source
- Ensure your work is viewed as intended with new AFD support
- Switch to software-only mode or share your I/O hardware with other software without disconnecting, quitting, or rebooting
- Speed up audio editing with advanced keyframes, and monitor up to 64 voices
- Get the performance and speed you need to handle complex editing, with 64-bit power
- Directly access and edit RED, ProRes, QuickTIme, XDCAM, AVCHD, and other file-based media with AMA-no transcoding required
- Work with the third-party hardware you may already have through Avid Open I/O
- Manage and edit stereoscopic 3D projects with a comprehensive set of tools and workflows
- Take hands-on control of editing, color correction, and mixing with Artist Series control surfaces
- Get full-featured audio tools and workflows, including 7.1 surround sound, RTAS plug-ins, and Pro Tools integration
- Conveniently purchase stock footage, plug-ins, and more through the Avid Marketplace
- Work more easily with animated effects with many keyframe editor improvements
- Get Boris Continuum Complete, Avid FX (Boris RED), Avid DVD, and Sorenson Squeeze included
- And much more