Avid's Symphony Pre-6 to Symphony 6.5 Software Upgrade is an upgrade from Symphony Pre-6 to Symphony 6.5. Symphony 6.5 has all of the same features, tools, and workflows as Media Composer, plus advanced and secondary color correction, Boris Continuum Complete, and Universal Mastering tools. Whether you edit movies, TV shows, commercials, or other video, this industry-standard solution provides 64-bit performance, easy-to-use video editing tools, and streamlined HD, file-based, and stereo 3D workflows to complete projects fast.
And now it's even better with new versioning and archive workflows, more open ways of working with third-party software and hardware, and more powerful audio tools for video editors than any other NLE.
And now, when you buy Symphony 6.5, you'll also get an upgrade to Media Composer 7.0 with the Symphony Option - the next generation of the Media Composer family.
1. Media Composer 7.0 with Symphony Option does not include support for connecting to Interplay, Interplay Central, or Interplay Sphere. Customers who need Interplay or Interplay Sphere support should contact their reseller or Avid Sales rep to purchase Media Composer 7.0 Interplay Edition with Symphony Option.
2. Uncompressed video on laptops is limited to one stream of uncompressed SD video, except for Windows-based Intel Core i7 laptops (Quad Core with Hyper-Threading) with eSata external storage, which can play multiple streams of 1:1 uncompressed SD.
3. NVIDIA cards are recommended; full-screen playback requires a minimum of 128 MB of graphics memory.
- Included Software
- Symphony software, Avid DVD (Windows only), Avid FX, Boris Continuum Complete, Sorenson Squeeze, EDL Manager, FilmScribe, Log Exchange, MediaLog, and an upgrade to Media Composer 7.0 with Symphony Option (provided when it becomes publically available)
- Version and archive finished sequences with AS-02
- Create master-quality archives with JPEG 2000 support
- Export content back to the original AMA source
- Ensure your work is viewed as intended with new AFD support
- Switch to software-only mode or share your I/O hardware with other software without disconnecting, quitting, or rebooting
- Speed up audio editing with advanced keyframes, and monitor up to 64 voices
- Get the performance and speed you need to handle complex editing, with 64-bit power
- Directly access and edit RED, ProRes, QuickTIme, XDCAM, AVCHD, and other file-based media with AMA-no transcoding required
- Work with the third-party hardware you may already have through Avid Open I/O
- Manage and edit stereoscopic 3D projects with a comprehensive set of tools and workflows
- Take hands-on control of editing, color correction, and mixing with Artist Series control surfaces
- Get full-featured audio tools and workflows, including 7.1 surround sound, RTAS plug-ins, and Pro Tools integration
- Conveniently purchase stock footage, plug-ins, and more through the Avid Marketplace
- Work more easily with animated effects with many keyframe editor improvements
- And much more