The DS713+ 2-Bay Scalable Server for Business from Synology is a two bay NAS (network attached server) enclosure capable of handling up to two 4TB drives. The enclosure supports both 2.5" and 3.5" drives that are hot swappable allowing you to swap them out without the need to shut down your system. With a dual core 2.13GHz processor and 1GB DDR3 RAM this server is capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time. The DS713+ server also comes equipped with a variety of ports including two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, and one eSATA port making it easy to setup and configure.
Along with the versatile connection options, the DS713+ 2-Bay Scalable Server for Business comes equipped with a variety of application options. You can utilize the virtual drive capability to configure the drive for use by other users without repartitioning the drive or provides a means to create special folders and make them accessible throughout the network with the remote folder application. You also benefit from a variety of backup solutions including network backup, local backup, desktop backup, shared folder sync, USBcopy, and configuration backup.
- Dual Core CPU
- With dual core CPU and Link Aggregation, Synology DS713+ provides 202.3 MB/sec reading and 135.84 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment. For back up onto external hard drives, Super-Speed USB 3.0 ports provide ten times the transfer speed of its predecessor. Dual-LAN failover support hot-swappable drives ensure continual service uptime during drive replacement or unexpected LAN failure.
- Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) automatically optimizes RAID capacity and protection based on hard drives installed, eliminating the need for identical sizes while retaining custom setup options for advanced users. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows for more than one volume to be created on a single RAID structure, giving you flexibility across all available drives. Volumes can be expanded as necessary by allocation on the easy-to-use UI, and Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) does the rest without any service interruption.
- Flexible Scalability Up To 28TB
- When the storage capacity of DS713+ nears its limit, upgrading is easy with the optional Synology DX513 expansion unit. Connected via eSATA with specially designed locking devices, DX513 expands storage capacity up to a maximum of 28TB with minimal time-investment in setup and configuration.
- Virtualization Ready
- Fully compliant with VMware, Citrix, and Hyper-V, with iSCSI and VAAI support, DS713+ is the most affordable virtualization storage solution of its kind, allowing SMB users to consolidate data storage while giving the illusion of locally attached disks.
- Cross-Platform Interoperability
- DS713+ runs Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) - an easy-to-operate OS which can be customized to include applications of your choice to fulfill your requirements. Extensive network protocols support provide seamless cross-platform file sharing between Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows the DS713+ to fit into existing business network infrastructure without having to recreate user accounts, while Windows ACL allows IT personnel to set up privileges to files and folders through familiar Windows UI, delivering peace of mind with simplicity.
- Easy Backup Solutions
- The DS713+ can become a centralized backup target for consolidating fragmented and unstructured information across your network through a range of options. PC users can backup to DS713+ with Synology's Data Replicator, While DS713+ also fully supports Mac OS X's native Apple Time Machine. Synology's own backup wizard can back up information to another Synology NAS or any rsync server, with the option of using an encrypted connection, or to an external hard drive via USB 3.0 or eSATA. The wizard can also back up your information to the cloud, including Amazon S3 and STRATO HiDrive.
- Multi-Purpose Packages
- Additional functions in the form of one-click-installation packages allow your DS713+ to take the place of other hardware. VPN Server turns your DiskStation into a Virtual Private Network server, providing secure access to your private LAN from remote locations. Surveillance Station creates a centralized interface from the management of IP cameras. Additional approved 3rd party PHP web application featuring tools such as content management, customer relationship management and e-commerce systems can be hosted on DS713+ by using Web Station with support PHP/MySQL web content.
- Energy Efficient Design
- The Synology DS713+ consumes relatively little power at 30.7 watts while operating. Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on/off features can further reduce power consumption and operation costs. HDD hibernation can be configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a specified period of time to save energy and extend hard disk life. All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable materials.