The 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar T* ZF.2 Lens for Nikon F Mount from Zeiss is medium telephoto lens that offers a wide maximum aperture, vibrant color rendition and attractive out-of-focus background. It maximum aperture of f/2 provides substantial light gathering for sharp, high resolution imaging and lovely shallow depth of field photography. A nine-blade circular aperture will offer harmonious background blur when shooting with minimal depth of focus. Special anomalous partial dispersion glass minimizes chromatic aberrations in this apochromat lens and anti-reflective coating reduces reflections and ghosting. It is a compact lens for its focal length and its "floating elements" optical design consists of 11 lens elements in 8 groups with minimal glass-to-air surfaces. The lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. A rotation angle of 268º enables precise manual focusing and its all-metal barrel provides longevity and protection for its high-quality design.
- A focal length of 135mm provides medium distance telephoto imaging and is also an oft-chosen length for portraiture.
- The maximum aperture of f/2 allows for substantial light gathering at faster shutter speeds and offers shallow depth of field.
- A nine-blade circular aperture contributes to attractive out-of-focus and transitional areas within the image.
- The lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout the entire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. Its minimum focusing distance is 2.62' (0.8 m).
- An "apochromat" lens built with anomalous partial dispersion glass, it will minimize chromatic aberrations for sharply detailed, high contrast images free of color artifacts.
- Anti-reflective lens coatings and a deep-black special lacquer treatment on the element's edges reduce reflections and the negative effects of stray light.
- A wide rotation angle of 268º enables precise manual focusing.