The Web Smart 48-Port Gigabit Switch with 4 Gigabit SFP Ports from D-Link features 48 10/100/1000 Base-T ports with 4 Gigabit SFP ports. The Web Smart switch uses D-Link Green 3.0 technology that helps reduce energy use and operating costs. The switch is compliant with the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard. Support for IPv6 management and configuration ensures your network remains protected after the upgrade from IPv4 to IPv6. By offering multiple management options, the DGS-1210-52 allows quick deployment, infrastructure expansion and seamless upgrades. The Web Smart switch provides functionality, security and manageability to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Energy Efficient
- The DGS-1210-52 is capable of conserving power without sacrificing operational performance or functionality by using the D-Link Green 3.0 technology. Using the Energy Efficient Ethernet standard, the network will automatically decrease power usage when traffic is low with no setup required. For environments not fully supporting the standard, the switch offers advanced power-saving settings including port shutoff and standby, LED shutoff and system hibernation based on custom time profiles. The switch can also detect the length of connected cables to automatically reduce power usage on shorter cable connections.
- Easy Management
The D-Link Web Smart Switch is designed for easy management. All configurations can be made through a web interface regardless of the host PC's operating system. Furthermore, the web user interface contains ten language options to make operations more straightforward. In the initial installation, the SmartConsole Utility will automatically discover all D-Link Smart switches in the network, allowing administrators to assign IP addresses and subnet masks quickly.
The switch also allows simultaneous firmware upgrades to multiple switches, saving a great deal of time. Important management commands such as download firmware or configuration file can be completed using batch operations for multiple switches.
- Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV)and Voice VLAN
- The D-link Web Smart switch automates the process of setting up IP surveillance and VoIP devices on a network. Auto Surveillance VLAN consolidates data and surveillance video transmission through the network, sparing businesses the expense of maintaining dedicated facilities. ASV also protects the quality of real-time video by grouping IP surveillance devices on a single high priority VLAN. This ensures that surveillance video streams will not be affected when ordinary data traffic is at a high level. Similarly, the Auto Voice VLAN guarantees clear quality and efficient transmission for all voice communication.
- Extensive Layer 2 Features
- Equipped with a complete lineup of Layer 2 features, these switches include IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). The IEEE 802.3x Flow Control function allows servers to directly connect to the switch for fast and reliable data transfer. At 2000 Mb/s full duplex, the Gigabit ports provide high-speed data pipes to servers with minimum data transfer loss. Network maintenance features include Loopback Detection and Cable Diagnostics. Loopback Detection is used to detect loops created by a specific port and automatically shut down the affected port. The Cable Diagnostic feature, designed primarily for administrators and customer service representatives, can rapidly discover the type of error and determine the cable quality.
- Secure Your Network
- D-Link's innovative Safeguard Engine protects the switch against traffic flooding caused by virus attacks. The switch also supports 802.1X port-based authentication, allowing the network clients to be authenticated through external RADIUS servers. In addition, the Access Control List (ACL) feature enhances network security and protects the network by screening traffic from illegal MAC or IP addresses. ARP Spoofing Prevention prevents malicious intruders from sending massive fake ARP messages through a manipulated source. This protects important data from being stolen by Man-in-the-Middle attacks and prevents wasting CPU cycles on these packets. For added security, the DHCP Server Screening feature blocks rogue DHCP server packets from user ports to prevent unauthorized IP assignment.