The FS2333-BK 23" Widescreen LED Backlit IPS Monitor from EIZO is a versatile monitor designed with the gamer in mind. With features like Smart Insight and Smart Resolution this IPS LED backlit panel provides improved contrast in darker areas, reduced blurring, and sharper images. While this monitor is suitable for high definition gaming, it's also quite capable of handing everyday tasks such as word processing and web browsing.
Versatile connectivity options found on the FS2333 include two HDMI ports, one DVI-D port, one D-Sub port, one audio in port, and one audio out port. Once connected, you can easily adjust this monitor for comfortable viewing with both height and swivel adjustment capabilities. Optimal viewing can be achieved through seven different preset modes including paper, game, cinema, sRGB, and Eco modes. For those times of extended viewing the Auto EcoView adjusts the screen's luminance in accordance with the nearby lighting conditions.
- Smart Insight
- EIZO developed Smart Insight technology to vastly improve visibility in dark areas of the screen. With Smart Insight, you can see the vital details that would otherwise be hidden so you can surprise your opponent before he surprises you. Conventional gaming monitors apply gamma correction across the screen to improve visibility which results in blurring and reduced contrast in the dark areas. The FS2333's Smart Insight uses a technique called tone mapping which preserves the image details without reducing contrast.
- Super-Resolution Technology
- The FORIS FS2333 comes with an EIZO-patented super-resolution technology called Smart Resolution that analyzes the displayed content for noise and blur. It ensures the noise is not accentuated while correcting the blur to the extent needed to sharpen the image. This Smart Resolution technology distinguishes skin tones and text and enhances how they are displayed.
- IPS Panel and LED Backlight
- The FORIS FS2333 uses an IPS panel and a mercury-free LED backlight. The IPS panel offers vivid display of color and wide 178° viewing angles. Even when looking at the screen from an angle there's little change in the contrast or color.
- Overdrive IPS Panel
- Using an IPS panel usually means tolerating some streaking or ghosting in exchange for the superior color display this technology offers. But the FORIS FS2333 comes with an overdrive circuit so no such tradeoff is necessary. With a response time of 3.4 ms, you get both deep color and smooth display of games and movies.
- Almost Zero Input Lag
- The difference between when a signal is input into the monitor and then shown on the screen is called the input lag. A delay in image display results in a delayed response from the player. EIZO developed its own integrated circuit with virtually no input lag.
- Getting Connected
- Dual HDMI inputs are included for full HD connectivity with PCs and audio-visual devices such as gaming consoles, cameras, and Blu-ray disc players. DVI-D and D-Sub inputs allow connection to PCs with digital and analog graphics boards respectively. Also, an audio line-in jack is included for connecting to speakers as is a headphone jack.
- Enhanced Positioning
- Play games or watch videos in comfort with a stand that offers a wide range of adjustment options. The back of the monitor has a built in handle for easy transport.
- Preset Modes for Optimum Viewing
- Seven preset modes ensure you always have the right setting for whatever game or application you are using. Using the monitor's Auto FineContrast feature, you can even assign a mode to an application so that the correct mode will automatically be activated whenever you call up an application.
- Tireless Eyes
- An ambient brightness sensor called Auto EcoView automatically does this for you. During the daytime when the sun is shining Auto EcoView increases the screen's luminance. When the sun goes down or you turn off your lights it dims your monitor. Since the screen is never too bright or too dark you can play games or watch videos for a long stretch of time without your eyes getting tired.