The AT-216 Wireless Auditory Assistance Kit with Enviro-Mic Receiver from Comtek includes a PR-216 personal wireless receiver with Enviro-Mic option, an M-216 wireless transmitter, a CM-183RT omnidirectional lapel microphone and clip, an NTC-102 neckloop transductor, and an SM-N earphone assembly. It also features a TM-10 conference table microphone adapter, an FWA-216 flexible specialty antenna, a CB-36ST attenuator adapter cord, two BC-216 belt clips, two NH0-200 9-volt rechargeable batteries, an NBC 9-3-2 battery charger, and a C-216 carrying case.
The kit is designed to transmit both teacher's dialog and environmental sounds to your personal hearing aids or included earphone assembly for assistive listening purposes.
- How it Works
The AT-216 system functions as a remote microphone for the user, overcoming listening challenges for those with impaired hearing: high levels of background noise, reverberation effects, and distance between the speaker and listener.
In addition to hearing aids with a telecoil, the listener wears the personal receiver and neckloop. The speaker wears the M-216 transmitter. The PR-216 personal receiver picks up the voice of the person wearing the M-216 transmitter, and the neckloop then retransmits it to the hearing aids for clean, close-up sound. If hearing aids are not used, the receiver may also be used with headphones. Now the person with impaired hearing has a direct link to the speaker at greater distances for improved listening, clarity, and better understanding
- Comtek's Enviro-Mic
- The PR-216 receiver with plug-in environmental microphone enhances speech discrimination when both environmental sounds and the speaker's voice from the transmitter must be heard together
- Rugged Enclosure
The AT-216 system features packaging designed to hold up to the rigors of everyday use. Whether at school, work, or play, the COMTEK AT-216 gives you the assurance that you will hear well in virtually any situation.
Packing Features Include:
- Easy fit, snap-on clip allows users to simply clip on the transmitter or receiver to a pocket or belt
- Specially designed battery compartment makes it impossible for the battery to be inserted backwards
- Channel adjustment switches are covered by the snap-on clip to prevent accidental channel changes
- Comtek Design
- The AT-216 system not only works on the standard channels (1-40) in the 216 MHz band maintaining compatibility with other brands, but also works with the high dynamic range companded channels (41-60) for high fidelity sound reproduction rendering greater speech intelligibility
- The AT-216 system has power conservation circuitry which allows a nine-volt battery to be used with efficiency. Plus it makes possible the highest audio output level, ensuring the effective and efficient use of the "T" coil neckloop system
- The M-216 transmitter has a versatile auxiliary audio input. It can transmit audio programs from tape, CD players, TV, VCR's, or from any audio device which has an auxiliary or line level audio output jack. What's more, when using the auxiliary audio input, the microphone may also be used to mix voice with the program information for special effects. The M-216's multifunction capability also allows it to be used with compatible telephones and conference table microphones