The dark rosewood Yamaha Arius YDP-142 88-Key Digital Piano features a Graded Hammer Standard keyboard that is designed to emulate the feel of an acoustic piano. It has Damper, Sostenuto, and Soft foot pedal with continuous control. It provides playback from its two oval speakers and built-in 12-watt amplifier or its two 1/4" headphone jacks. The YDP-142 allows you to select between hard, medium, and soft sensitivity types to correspond with your playing style.
The YDP-142 is built on Yamaha's PureCF sound engine that powers its ten built-in voices. You can combine two voices simultaneously, allowing you to create new sounds. It also features Yamaha's Acoustic Optimizer, which is designed to adjust acoustical flow and control resonances.
A built-in two-track MIDI recorder allows you to capture a performance and play it back. Using this feature, you can record your right and left hand performances separately at any tempo. The YDP-142 also comes with 50 songs built-in its internal memory, allowing you to learn the tracks at a reduced tempo or one hand at a time.
- Yamaha's PureCF
- PureCF sampling starts with a recording of Yamaha's CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the touch of a soft passage or the power of two-handed chords
- Weighted Action Keys
- A weighted action with heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end is modeled after the hammers inside an acoustic piano. The aspiring pianist can practice on the graded hammer standard action to build the proper finger technique for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano. You can select touch sensitivity from 3 types: hard, medium, or soft, depending on your finger strength or playing style
- Continuous Pedaling
- Continuous or half-damper pedal control provides the nuanced experience of pedaling on a grand piano. This is done by allowing continuously increasing amounts of note sustain, from slight to full, as you depress the sustain pedal deeper
- Damper Resonance
- Damper Resonance digitally reproduces the sympathetic interaction between strings on acoustic pianos. When the damper pedal is used in a performance, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released
- 50 Classic Piano Songs
- 50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory and also as a music book, "50 Greats for the Piano." Learn how to play these pieces at your own pace either one hand at a time or at a reduced tempo. Or just listen to the songs as background music
- Built-In Voices
- The YDP-142 built-in voices include Grand Piano 1, Grand Piano 2, Grand Piano 3, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Pipe Organ, Jazz Organ, and Strings