The PowerShot A1400 Digital Camera from Canon is a compact point-and-shoot camera with a 16MP CCD sensor and the DIGIC 4 Image Processor, which provides clear, well-balanced, high resolution images and HD 720p video. It houses a 5x optical zoom lens that equals a 28-140mm focal length in the 35mm format equivalency. This is a versatile autofocus lens that runs from wide angle to telephoto. The maximum aperture at the wide-angle end of this lens is f/2.8 which will provide clear imaging in low light. In addition, the ISO sensitivity reaches 6400 and the camera provides digital image stabilization which reduces the effect of camera shake and helps to provide crisp images in low light.
With a dedicated movie button, 720p HD video is easy to access and ready to go at all times. In addition to 720p video at 25 frames per second, the A1400 can shoot 640 x 480 VGA video at 30 frames per second.
The A1400 provides an optical viewfinder for composing images as well as a 2.7" LCD screen for composition and playback. New ECO mode conserves the batteries by dimming down the LCD when not in use. Smart AUTO is available to allow the camera to control all settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations and Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect and Toy Camera Effect offer creative options. The A1400 is powered by convenient AA batteries.
- 16.0 Megapixel sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor for exceptional performance.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 28-140mm focal length (35mm equivalency) lens.
- An Optical Viewfinder makes capturing images simple and consistent.
- A 2.7" LCD screen is available for clear playback and composition.
- 720p HD video is easily accessed via a dedicated movie button.
- Digital Image Stabilization reduces the effect of camera shake and subject movement.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations for capturing spectacular images with ease.
- New ECO Mode helps reduce power consumption for longer battery life.
- AA battery operation provides you with convenient and consistent access to power.
- Help Button provides simple explanations and easy control of your settings.
- Scene Modes
Scene Modes provide more control and offer creativity when capturing your photos. Scene modes included are: Auto, P, Live View Control, Digital IS, Portrait, Face Self-timer, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter