The Defender 21048 16-Channel DVR with 8 Hi-Res Outdoor Surveillance Cameras is an easy to set up and use DVR security system. The system contains eight 480 TVL outdoor security cameras that cover every corner and doorway of your property. The cameras are equipped with 24 IR LEDs that provide clear night vision up to 75' (22.86 m) away in complete darkness. The 16-channel DVR features a 500 GB hard drive that allows continuous monitoring and can store over 2 years’ worth of recorded footage.
This surveillance package is an advanced system designed to send you email alerts and allow you view your camera footage from almost anywhere in the world. Moreover, the housings of both the camera and the DVR sports a black finish.
- Extremely Easy to Set Up, and Use
- The system's menu provides prompts and coaching to assist you in customizing the settings for your recording needs. It allows you to use the USB mouse or remote for navigation of the easy-to-read icon-based menu. The system is simple to use and will begin recording as soon as it is plugged in. 1
- Instant Email Alerts If Any Activity is Detected
- The system instantly lets you know if any suspicious activity is happening on your property. If any motion is detected, or if the cameras experience video loss, it will send you an email alert, complete with a photo of the activity. Even if you are not watching when something happens, you'll know immediately if something is wrong.
- Crisp and Detailed Videos You Can Rely On
- The included cameras capture footage in 480 TVL resolution, resulting in clear, crisp, and accurate videos.
- View Your Camera Footage From Anywhere in the World
- The system lets you access live footage of your home or business online, anytime and anywhere on your smartphone. You will always be able to see what you may have missed whether you are around the block or around the world. 2
- 2 Years' Worth of Footage Storage
- The DVR's 500 GB hard drive allows for continuous monitoring and can store over 2 years' worth of recorded footage. Your DVR will send an alert when its memory space is full, so you can choose to overwrite the old videos or stop recording. The system allows you to back up and transfer your video footage with a USB flash drive or external USB hard drive with the built-in USB port. And if you desire, you can choose to record only when any motion is detected. The DVR uses H.264 compression, which maximizes recording time, transfers data more efficiently over the Internet, and uses less storage space, while providing high-quality imagery.
- When Everyone Else Is Asleep, Defender Cameras Are Watching Closely
- The cameras are equipped with automatic night vision. The 24 IR LEDs on each camera provide clear night vision up to 75' (22.86 m) away in complete darkness. 3
- Monitor up to 16 Areas of Your Property
- The system allows you to add up to 16 surveillance cameras to monitor every corner and doorway of your property. The system is ideal for businesses with a large staff and multiple storage areas, or large residential and rural properties. A 16-channel system allows you to have maximum monitoring locations both indoors and outdoors.