The cobalt black Samsung ST150F Smart Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a 16.2MP CCD image sensor. It's equipped with a 3.0" LCD monitor that has a resolution of 230k pixels and a Smart 3.0 (5-way) UI. The camera's 5x optical zoom lens has a focal length range of 4.5-22.5mm, or 25-125mm in 35mm format, and a fast aperture of f/2.5 for using fast shutter speeds to minimize motion blur and for low-light shooting. Record HD 720p video at 30fps. ISO sensitivity from 100 to 12800 also helps you get clear, detailed shots in low-light situations.
Capture sweeping pan shots with 2D Panorama. Smart Auto takes the calculating and guesswork out of photography by automatically selecting the best settings for a given scene. The ST150F also features a Smart Movie mode. Face, Blink and Smile Detection help you snap photos of people at just the right moments.
Smart Camera features include Wi-Fi Direct and Email, as well as a Direct LINK hot key to help you quickly connect to Wi-Fi networks. Download the Samsung Smart Camera App to get Mobile Link, Remote Viewfinder and AutoShare, rather than downloading each individually. Instead of launching the apps one at a time on your smartphone, you can open all three simultaneously with the touch of a finger.
Mobile Link lets you select and send an image or album directly to an Android smartphone, iPhone or tablet; you need not even send the image as a text message or as an email. Make updates to the album on your phone and the changes will be saved to your camera, too.
The Remote Viewfinder function enables you to control your camera by using your smartphone as the viewfinder (available for select smartphones). You can preview images, adjust camera settings, zoom in and out and frame each scene. AutoShare allows you to simultaneously send every picture you take to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi. Just set it up once and the camera saves it as the default setting. AutoShare also GPS tags your photos with your smartphone.
MS Skydrive provides access to the cloud for file sharing and storage. Upload your photos and videos to social media sites like Facebook, Picasa and YouTube, and enjoy easy wireless transfers of photos and videos to your PC or Mac with Auto Backup. Also enjoy AllShare Play, which lets you connect to all devices that support it. Wirelessly stream photos and videos from your camera to nearby devices to share with friends and family at once, or simply upload to web storage instantly for easy management. The ST150F also has Family Story and a Software Upgrade Notifier. Create your ideal social network profile photo with Beauty Palette, which lets you choose from seven different makeup looks for instant editing.
The camera runs on a lithium-ion battery and is equipped with a microSD/microSDHC memory card slot.
- Multi AF, Center AF, Face Detection AF, Object Tracking AF, Smart Face Recognition AF
- Single, Continuous, AEB, Motion Capture
- Motion Photo
- Freeze time around a moving subject. Simply shoot the footage, and then rub the area on the display where you want action. The photo around it will freeze
- Perfect Portrait System
- Face Detection, Blink Detection, Smile Shot, Beauty Shot, Self Portrait, Red-eye Fix
- Magic Frame
- Take advantage of creative possibilities, like making a portrait resemble an antique, a landscape on the moon, a 1950's TV set, or in a movie. There are 12 background templates from which to choose, and the image quality is sufficient to blow up to poster size
- Smart Filter 3.0
- Provides additional creative options: Cartoon filter makes any photo look like an animated film scene, while Cross Filter makes light sources appear to have several points of light, like stars. There's also Ink Painting, Half-tone Dot and more. Movie: Palette Effect 1, Palette Effect 2, Palette Effect 3, Palette Effect 4, Miniature, Vignetting, Fish Eye, Defog, Classic, Retro, Negative. Still image: Miniature, Vignetting, Half Tone Dot, Sketch, Fish Eye, Defog, Classic, Retro, Negative, Custom RGB
- Smart Auto 2.0 for Stills and Movies
- Instantly analyzes key elements of your composition, then automatically adjusts settings to capture the ideal shot with a multitude of different photo and video modes: Portrait, Night Portrait, Backlight Portrait, Night, Backlight, Landscape, White, NaturalGreen, BlueSky, Sunset, Macro, Macro Text, Macro Color, Tripod, Action, Fireworks
- Live Panorama
- Capture every peak of a sprawling mountain range or every skyscraper in a city skyline to create 180° panoramic images. Preview the image on the LCD monitor before you even shoot it. Just hold the shutter button, sweep across the scene and see what you're going to get before you get it
- Additional Modes
- Picture-in-Picture. Scene modes: Funny Face, Intelligent Portrait, Magic Frame, Beauty-Shot, Night, Landscape, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Beach&Snow. Smart Movie: Landscape, Blue Sky, Natural Green, Sunset
- Image Adjust: Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation (5 steps). Sharpness: Soft+, Soft, Normal, Vivid, Vivid+
- Image Edit (Resize, Rotate, Trimming), Photo Style Selector (Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom RGB), Smart Filter (Miniature, Vignetting, Fish Eye1, Fish Eye2 ,DeFog, Sketch Effect), Image Adjust (Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Red Eye Fix, ACB), Special Effects (Face Retouch Level 1-3, Color Filter Elegant, Add Noise)
File Format Support
- JPEG, AVI (MJPEG), WAV, DCF, EXIF 2.21, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge 1.0
Windows: PC with processor better than Pentium IV 3.2 GHz / AMD Athlon FX 2.6 GHz or higher
Minimum 512MB RAM (Over 1GB recommended)
Windows XP SP2, Vista or 7
250MB of available hard-disk space (Over 1GB recommend)
nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT or later / ATI X1600 series or later graphics processing unit
1024x768-pixel, 16-bit color display (1280x1024-pixel, 32-bit color display recommended)
Mac: Power Mac G3 or later
Mac OS 10.4 or higher
Minimum 256MB RAM
110MB of available hard-disk space