The white Samsung WB800F Smart Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a 16.3MP 1/2.3" Back Side Illuminated CMOS image sensor. It's equipped with a 3.0" TFT LCD Hybrid Touch Display monitor. The 21x optical zoom lens has an effective focal length of 4.1-86.1mm (35mm equivalent: 23.4-490.8mm), covering a large range from wide-angle to super-telephoto. The lens' fast f/2.8 aperture helps in low-light shooting and enables you to photograph at fast shutter speeds to freeze subject motion and eliminate blur. Capture Full HD 1080p video and simultaneously snap a still image in Dual Capture Mode.
The camera's CMOS sensor helps capture clear, detailed images in low light, even without a flash. For the times when you do need it, though, the camera features a built-in pop-up flash.
This Smart Camera features built-in Wi-Fi for instant photo and video sharing via social networking sites and emails--which you can send directly from the camera. Seamlessly sync your camera to other Smart devices, such as phones, tablets and televisions. You can also take advantage of SNS Upload and the Authentication Browser.
Mobile Link lets you select and send an image or album directly to an Android smartphone, iPhone or tablet; you need not even send the image as a text message or as an email. Make updates to the album on your phone and the changes will be saved to your camera, too. TV Link enables you to enjoy photo slideshows and video playback on supported televisions.
The Remote Viewfinder function enables you to control your camera by using your smartphone as the viewfinder (available for select smartphones). You can preview images, adjust camera settings, zoom in and out and frame each scene. AutoShare allows you to simultaneously send every picture you take to your mobile phone via Wi-Fi. Just set it up once and the camera saves it as the default setting. AutoShare also GPS tags your photos with your smartphone.
MS SkyDrive provides access to the cloud for Internet sharing and storage of photo and video files. Use Auto Backup to transfer and store your photos on your PC with the touch of a button. Also enjoy AllShare Play (2.2), which lets you connect to all devices that support it. Wirelessly stream photos and videos from your camera to nearby devices to share with friends and family at once, or simply upload to web storage instantly for easy management. Edit videos via Creative Movie Maker software.
The camera includes a Software Upgrade notifier that alerts you when updates are available, as well as a Mini Log-in Browser.
- 16.3MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- Take properly exposed images in low-light situations with the BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor, which has 16.3MP resolution. The sensor requires less light than conventional sensors, and the camera uses Low Light Shot to automatically select the best setting and merge three continuous shots into one, clear photo
- Manual Focus and Autofocus
- Focus manually for more fine-tuned control, or opt for TTL autofocus, which is available in the following modes: Center AF, Multi AF, Tracking AF, Face Detection AF, Face Recognition AF, Selection AF
- Manual or Auto Exposure Control
- Choose Manual control for more creative freedom over exposure. Auto Exposure (AE) control also available in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Programmed Auto modes
- Full HD 1080 Video Recording
- Capture 1920x1080 Full HD video with life-like color and sharp detail. Shoot longer, too--the camera's H.264 format allows longer recording than a camera with MJPEG video does. When you're done, you can watch your HD footage on an HDTV
- Video and Still Image Editing
- Benefit from intuitive in-camera photo editing software: Creative Movie Maker. Create 1080p movie clips via Movie Maker, and use the Artistic Brush feature to have the camera instantly draw the photo you've just captured. Benefit from the following video editing functions: Pause during recording and playing, Still Image Capture, and Time Trimming. Still image editing functions include Smart Filter, Resize, Rotate, Trimming, and Image Adjust. Image adjust features Off, Red-eye Fix, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Add Noise modes
- Smart Filter
- Available in the following modes for movies: Palette Effect 1, Palette Effect 2, Palette Effect 3, Palette Effect 4, Miniature, Vignetting, Half Tone Dot, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, and Retro. For stills: Miniature, Vignetting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoonize, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish Eye, Old Film, Half Tone Dot, Classic, Retro, and Zooming Shot
- Magic Frame
- Choose from 12 different background templates allowing you to lend a portrait a variety of different creative looks, such as that of antique wall art
- Funny Face
- Creatively bend, stretch and warp the faces of your subjects to create interesting effects
- Live Panorama
- Aim, hold the shutter button down, and pan to capture expansive landscapes, large group shots, city skylines and other images wider than the field of view afforded by the camera's wide-angle lens
- Face, Blink and Smile Detection
- Help you snap photos of people at just the right moments, so you can avoid snapping a photo when someone's eyes are closed and capture the ideal smile on the faces of your subjects
- Smart Auto
- Takes the calculating and guesswork out of photography by automatically selecting the best settings for a given scene
- Smart Movie
- Helps you capture better-quality video by choosing the mode most appropriate for a given scene, including Landscape, Blue Sky, Natural Green, and Sunset
- Soft+, Soft, Normal, Vivid, Vivid+
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF), EXIF 2.21, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge 1.0 for stills; MP4 (MPEG4-AVC/H.264) for movies and AAC for sound
- Image Playback Options
- Single image, Thumbnails, Advanced Slide Show, Movie Clip, and Smart Album
- Date Imprinting
- Date and Time, Date, Off (user selectable)
- System Requirements
Windows: Intel Pentium4 3.2 GHz or greater
AMD Athlon FX 2.6GHz or greater
Windows XP SP2, Vista or 7
250MB or more hard-disk capacity (over 1GB recommended)
512MB RAM (over 1GB recommended)
nVIDIA Geforce 7600GT or greater or ATI X1600 series or greater GPU
1024×768 resolution, 16-bit color display compatible monitor (1280×1024 resolution, 32-bit color display recommended)
DirectX 9.0c or later
Mac: Power Mac G3 or greater
Mac OS 10.4 or later
110MB or greater hard-disk capacity
Minimum 256MB RAM
- Included Software
- Intelli-studio (CD)