The cobalt black Samsung WB2100 Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a 1/2.3" BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS image sensor that has a resolution of 16.4MP. Its 35x optical zoom lens has an extremely large focal length range, covering 4.6-152.5mm--equivalent to 25-875mm in 35mm format. This enables you to capture everything from wide-angle to super-telephoto shots. Optical image stabilization compensates for camera shake, enabling clear, blur-free shots. You can also shoot fast with high shutter speeds of up to 1/4000 sec, to freeze motion and eliminate blur.
The camera's CMOS sensor helps capture clear, detailed images in low light, even without a flash. For the times when you do need it, though, the camera features a built-in pop-up flash. The 3.0" hVGA LCD monitor with a resolution of 460K pixels has tilt capability and a Smart 3.0 (5 way) UI. The tilt function makes it easy to take high- and low-angle shots.
Capture Full HD 1080 video at 60fps (60i) with stereo sound, and snap a still photo while recording in Dual Capture Mode (2MP still image resolution). The Silent Video Motor helps ensure that the only audio you get with your video is the audio you want. The motor won't create any extraneous noise that could be picked up by the camera. The HDMI output lets you view your high-definition movies on your HDTV. Take advantage of High Speed Recording at 360fps at a resolution of 176 x 128, or 240fps at 384 x 288.
The WB2100 has High Dynamic Range (HDR), which enables it to capture several different exposures of the same image and combine them into one better-exposed photo. This allows for greater range between light and dark areas of images, and can make photos more accurately represent real scenes.
Capture sweeping pan shots with 2D Panorama, allowing you to get pictures of expansive landscapes, city skylines, or large groups of people that would otherwise be too wide to be captured by the camera's lens. Smart Auto takes the calculating and guesswork out of photography by automatically selecting the best settings for a given scene. The WB2100 even has a Smart Movie mode. Face, Blink and Smile Detection help you snap photos of people at just the right moments.
The camera accepts optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Capture JPEG still images at the max resolution of 16.4MP, as well as at 14, 12 (wide), 10, 8, 5, 3, 2 (wide), and 1MP
- Shooting modes include Smart Auto, Split Shot, Photo Filter, Movie Filter, HDR, Low Night Shot (MFNS), Continuous shot
- In Panorama mode, you can see the final image before taking the shot by holding the shutter button down and sweeping across the scene. Then, you'll be able to view the image on the LCD monitor
- The Movie Zoom feature allows you to use the lens' 35x optical zoom while recording movies, without interfering with the overall movie experience
- Soft hand grip provides comfort and control
- i-Launcher PC software included