The Minox DCC 5.1 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera exhibiting a classical, nostalgic 1950s German engineering. This edition features a blue-colored body design, for a contemporary take on this traditional design. The camera features a 5.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and is able to record both high resolution still images and QVGA-sized movies. The Minoctar 9mm f/2 lens gives a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 42mm, resembling a normal angle of view for general picture-taking.
Both a built-in 2.0" color LCD monitor and a removable accessory optical viewfinder can be use to compose imagery, while the LCD will additionally allow playback and review of imagery as well as display camera and exposure settings. An internal memory of 128MB can be used to record imagery as well as either an SD or SDHC (up to 16GB) memory card.
- Classic 1950s German design featuring a contemporary blue-colored body and a highly compact form-factor.
- 5.1MP CMOS sensor enables both high resolution still image and video recording.
- Minoctar 9mm f/2 (42mm equivalent) lens has a fast maximum aperture to better-enable low-light photography, while the normal focal length is ideal for shooting in everyday situations. The lens features three fixed focusing positions: 1.64' / 0.5m, 3.3' / 1m, and infinity.
- A 2.0" rear LCD monitor allows image monitoring and review, while also displaying camera settings. A detachable optical viewfinder is also included for image composition.
- SD and SDHC (up to 16GB) memory card types are supported in addition to the 128MB of internal memory for recording imagery to.