The Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Digital Camera features a 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor that is able to produce high quality imagery with notable low-light sensitivity. High speed performance is afforded throughout the system, enabling fast continuous shooting up to 10 full resolution frames per second and an auto focusing speed of 0.2 second. Full HD 1080i video capabilities are also supported at a frame rate of 60fps.
An incredibly long 50x optical zoom lens is also built into the SL1000's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-1200mm. This range can be effectively doubled through the use of Intelligent Digital Zoom, and an optical image stabilization system benefits shooting at such magnifications by reducing the appearance of camera shake.
Both a rear LCD monitor and electronic viewfinder are available for monitoring and image review, and both have a high 920k-dot resolution for clear image viewing. The 3.0" LCD monitor features a tilting design that enables easier viewing from both high and low angles. The electronic viewfinder provides eye-level viewing capabilities and also serves as an additional point of contact between yourself and the camera to offer greater shooting stability.
Amongst other features and imaging modes available, SR AUTO (Automatic Scene Recognition) can automatically determine the scene type you are working in and choose from one of six pre-determined sets of exposure profiles to optimize your results. Six different Advanced Filters are also available to further enhance the look and feel of your photographs.
- Fujinon 50x Optical Zoom Lens
- A super-long 50x optical zoom lens is integrated into the FinePix SL1000's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-1200mm. This lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.9-6.5 and utilizes lens-shift type optical image stabilization to counter the effects of camera shake that become more apparent when working with longer focal lengths and in Super Macro mode. Aspherical and ED lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. For even greater reach, Intelligent Digital Zoom is available and can effectively double the zoom magnification to 100x.
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080i Video
The 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with tremendous quality and notable low-light performance. High speed shooting capabilities up to 10 full resolution frames per second are available as well as a fast 0.9 second startup time and 0.2 second focusing time.
The sensor also lends itself to producing full HD videos up to 1920 x 1080i at 60fps in the H.264 format. Full 50x zoom, scene recognition mode, and still image capture capabilities are available during recording as well as the ability to record high speed movies up to 480fps. Video playback is possible on an HDTV directly from the camera through an HDMI connection.
- 3.0" Tilting LCD Monitor and EVF
- The SL1000 is equipped with both a rear LCD monitor and an eye-level electronic viewfinder for monitoring and reviewing imagery. The 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor features a tiltable design that allows you to angle the monitor either up or down to better suit shooting from high and low angles. The electronic viewfinder also has a 920k-dot resolution and has a built-in eye sensor to deactivate the larger LCD monitor during use. The EVF enables eye-level shooting, which provides an additional point of contact to better aid in steadying your camera while shooting.
- Other Camera Features
- SR AUTO can automatically apply one of six scene modes (Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, or Backlit Portrait) to your image to optimize camera settings to best expose for the type of scenario you are photographing in.
- The inclusion of a slide-lever zoom control, one-touch movie record button, and easy-to-hold camera grip give this camera an immense amount of efficiency through physical design.
- Manual exposure modes (P/A/S/M) are available to give you more creative control over the exposure settings.
- Scene Position modes are selectable modes that can be used to ensure the camera is correctly exposing for the type of subject matter you are photographing. Modes include: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, and Text.
- Seven Advanced Filters are incorporated to further enhance the aesthetic quality of imagery, including: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), Soft Focus, and Cross Screen.
- RAW and RAW+JPEG image formats are supported and SILKYPIX RAW conversion software is included with the camera for processing and viewing these file types on your computer.
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Individual Shutter 3D captures two exposures of the same scene and saves them together in the MPO file format in order to produce an image that mimics a stereo image process.
- Pro Low-Light Mode automatically records four high sensitivity and low-noise exposures within a single frame to help reduce overall noise levels and heighten sensitivity.
- Dynamic Range (HDR) uses multi frame technology to capture three consecutive images of the same scene (one over-exposed, one under-exposed, and one normally-exposed) and combines the three into a single image in order to garner more highlight and shadow detail than is possible with a single exposure.
- Zoom bracketing mode records three sequential images to be taken at varying magnifications to provide you with different compositions of the same subject.
- Natural Light & with Flash automatically records two images (one with flash, one without) for those instances where you can't decide the better way to photograph in darker situations.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings on up to six faces present within the scene.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.