The Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR Digital Camera features a 16 megapixel 1/2" Back Side Illuminated EXR CMOS sensor and an EXR Processor to produce high quality imagery and performance throughout the camera system. The combination of these two technologies enables a high sensitivity to ISO 12800, fast continuous shooting up to 11fps, and the integration of EXR Auto to automatically provide optimum shooting settings depending on the scene in which you are photographing. Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30fps is also supported and utilizes continuous phase-detection autofocus, with the option of face tracking, during recording.
One of the more notable elements of the HS35EXR is the super telephoto Fujinon 30x optical manual zoom lens, which gives a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-720mm. CMOS-shift type image stabilization benefits this lens by countering the effects of camera shake which can be especially apparent when working with longer focal length lenses. Aspherical and ED elements are incorporated into the lens construction to minimize chromatic aberration and the lens elements also feature a Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) for reducing lens flare and ghosting.
For image review and monitoring, both a rear LCD monitor and an eye-level electronic viewfinder are available. The 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor features a tilting design that facilitates shooting from high and low angles. The electronic viewfinder has a 920k-dot resolution and the eye-level viewing capabilities provide an additional point of contact between yourself and the camera for greater shooting stability.
Amongst other features available, Film Simulation makes use of Fujifilm's extensive history of producing films and enables you to apply certain characteristics to your imagery to mimic the look of certain Fujifilm reversal films. Also available are eight different Advanced Filters to further enhance the aesthetic appearance of your photographs.
- Fujinon 30x Optical Manual Zoom Lens
A super-long 30x optical manual zoom lens is integrated into the FinePix HS35EXR's design and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-720mm. This lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.8-5.6 and utilizes CMOS-shift type image stabilization to counter the effects of camera shake that become more apparent when shooting at longer focal lengths and in Super Macro mode. One ED and three aspherical lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce the appearance of chromatic aberration and color fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, all of the lens elements feature Super EBC coatings to minimize lens flare and ghosting in difficult lighting situations.
Digital Zoom is available to effectively double the zoom range to an impressive 84x, providing the equivalent of a 1440mm lens. The EXR sensor also contributes to improving the image quality with Digital Zoom by minimizing the appearance of noise in flat areas and adding contrast and sharpening in edge areas to give more apparent image clarity.
- 16MP BSI EXR CMOS Sensor
- The 16 megapixel 1/2" BSI EXR CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with tremendous quality and notable low-light including enhanced noise reduction technologies. When combined with the EXR Processor, high speed shooting capabilities up to eight full resolution frames per second are available as well as a fast 0.8 second startup time and 0.16 second focusing time.
- EXR Auto
The EXR Auto modes automatically select optimum camera settings to best suit the scenario in which you are photographing. 103 unique settings are able to be applied to images, and are determined through a system that analyzes subject motion, whether or not the subject is a person, and the type of setting in which the image is being taken. Advanced Anti Blur can also be applied to imagery, which will improve overall sharpness and definition by combining a series of short exposures into a single frame.
Additionally, three distinct sensor modes can also be applied depending on your intended results in regard to the shooting conditions. HR (High Resolution) mode focuses on resolving the greatest amount of detail within the scene for more vivid colors and image sharpness. DR (Dynamic Range) mode captures two images simultaneously and then combines them to render a final image with increased shadow and highlight detail. SN (High Sensitivity and Low Noise) mode makes use of the sensor and processor relationship to produce clear imagery with reduced noise in dimly-lit situations.
- Full HD Movie Capabilities
- Full HD movie recording is possible up to 1920 x 1080p at 30fps to produce high quality, smoothly-depicted movement. Continuous phase-detection autofocus is available during recording, which can be further refined through the use of face-tracking AF to maintain sharp focus on the subject of your choice while filming. You can also take still photographs during recording and take high-speed movies with frame rates up to 320fps for slow motion playback. Movie playback is possible on an HDTV through an HDMI connection directly from the camera.
- 3.0" Tilting LCD Monitor and EVF
The HS35EXR is equipped with both a rear LCD monitor and an eye-level electronic viewfinder for monitoring and reviewing imagery. The 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor features a tiltable design that allows you to angle the monitor either down 45° or up 90° to better suit shooting from high and low angles. Helping with landscape imagery, an electronic level can be applied during shooting to help maintain level horizons and plumb verticals. Additionally a 160° wide viewing angle and 1:1100 contrast ratio improve viewing under bright conditions.
The electronic viewfinder has a 920k-dot resolution and has a built-in eye sensor to deactivate the larger LCD monitor during use. The EVF enables eye-level shooting, which provides an additional point of contact to better aid in steadying your camera while shooting.
- Menus and Design
- An updated graphical user interface has been integrated into the design and utilizes flash graphics to provide a more intuitive menu system that includes a font display option for choosing the typeface of the menus. Direct shooting command buttons are available for one-touch access to many camera functions including ISO, auto exposure, auto focus, autofocus mode, and white balance. A movie record button, angled dials, and programmable function button also help to increase efficiency while working.
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
Taking advantage of Fujifilm's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the HS50EXR integrates several Film Simulation modes to mimic the look and feel of some Fujifilm's classic reversal film types: PROVIA offers natural-looking tones for everyday shooting, VELVIA produces a more dramatic and rich tonality with deeper color saturation, and ASTIA gives less contrast for a softer depiction of skin tones. Additionally, Black & White and Sepia modes are also available for a classic, monochromatic appearance.
Eight Advanced Filters are also integrated for further aesthetic enhancement of your photographs: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, High-Key, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Green, Blue, and Purple), Dynamic Tone, Low-Key, and Soft Focus.
- Other Camera Features
- Best Frame Capture Mode allows you to half-press the shutter button to begin capturing frames at 11fps and, once you realize the ideal moment, a full press of the shutter release will capture the final exposure.
- Manual exposure modes (P/A/S/M) are available to give you more creative control over the exposure settings.
- Three different auto bracketing modes are available: Dynamic Range, Film Simulation, and Auto Exposure.
- RAW and RAW+JPEG image formats are supported and SILKYPIX RAW conversion software is included with the camera for processing and viewing these file types on your computer.
- Pro Focus Mode with Face Detection emulates the look of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques by recording multiple images: the first being of the main subject, then subsequent images of the background. These images are then paired to realize a sharp, in-focus main subject with a soft, out of focus background.
- Pro Low-Light Mode automatically records four high sensitivity and low-noise exposures within a single frame to help reduce overall noise levels and heighten sensitivity.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay subsequently-recorded images in-camera.
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- 3D Mode captures two exposures of the same scene and saves them together in the MPO file format in order to produce an image that mimics a stereo image process.
- Dog/Cat Detection is able to detect dog and cat faces and optimize focus and exposure to best suit them. An auto release function can also be set so the shutter is automatically released when the animal looks at the camera.
- Supports the use of the optional RR-80A remote release for controlling the shutter release away from the camera.