The black 1 NIKKOR 10-100mm f/4.0-5.6 VR Lens from Nikon is a compact wide-angle to long-telephoto autofocusing zoom lens for Nikon 1 cameras equipped with the Nikon 1 lens mount. Its 10-100mm focal length is equivalent to 27-270mm in 35mm format. This 10x zoom range allows you to shoot everything from landscapes and group shots to portraits and extreme close-ups. When collapsed, the lens is only 2.8" long.
Built-in Vibration Reduction keeps your images free of blur, even if your hands are unsteady, by compensating for camera shake. The lens contains aspherical elements to eliminate coma and other kinds of lens aberration, and ED glass to enhance sharpness and color correction by minimizing chromatic aberration.
A High Refractive Index expands the number of effects the lens can provide, while compensating for curvature and aberrations. The lens has an Internal Focusing system that lets you focus without altering the size of the lens, enabling a closer focusing distance.
- Vibration Reduction
- The VR system reduces image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops--or 8 times--faster. This enables handheld shooting at dusk, at night, and in poorly-lit interiors. VR also automatically detects when you pan during a shot
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- The 3 aspherical (AS) elements virtually eliminate the problem of coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture. They are especially helpful in correcting the distortion at the wide-angle focal lengths of the lens, and also contribute to a lighter and smaller lens design
- Extra-low Dispersion Glass
- 2 ED glass elements improve sharpness and color correction by reducing chromatic aberration. ED glass offers all the benefits with none of the drawbacks of calcium fluorite-based glass. Capture sharp, high-contrast images even at the lens' largest aperture of f/4.0
- High Refractive Index
- The lens has 3 HRI elements with a refractive index of more than 2.0, so it can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements. HRI elements also give the lens the power to compensate for field curvature and spherical aberrations, and contribute to the overall compact size
- Internal Focusing
- The IF system allows you to focus the lens without changing its size. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the nonextending lens barrel. This enables a more compact, lightweight construction, in addition to a closer focusing distance. A smaller, lighter focusing lens group is utilized to ensure faster focusing. Minimum focus distance is 1.1' (0.35 m) at 10mm focal length, and 2.1' (0.65 m) at 100mm.
- Rounded Diaphragm
- The lens' 7 rounded diaphragm blades allow for attractive bokeh in the out-of-focus regions of the image
- Additional Features
- Accepts optional screw-on filters with 55mm diameters