The Bosch VJT-XTCXF H.264 Video Transcoder enables HD video to be seen over wide area networks or through mobile access in original quality. Its Dynamic Transcoding functionality makes it suitable entrance door for central monitoring systems to remote HD camera sites or for remote clients to small business HD video surveillance installations. Its transcoding services integrate with VRM (Video Recording Manager) installations, enabling mobile access to HD video, both live and playback for on-site guards. The video transcoder provides 2 independent transcoded streams that enable live viewing access from 2 HD cameras or playback of their recordings simultaneously, regardless of the network bandwidth.
The Bosch Video Security App for Apple iPad is a useful tool to utilize the transcoder's features. The Video Security app and the Web browser playback interface allow forensic search in the recordings of IVA-enabled HD cameras, providing quick results for highly efficient digging into relevant situations. Pausing the replay causes the Instant Display Enhancement feature to present the HD image in its original recording quality.
The transcoder is built in such a way that it can be easily rack or wall mounted. The transcoder is useful for high performance Video-over-IP for HD CCTVs.
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder offers local recording for up to 4 connected HD cameras on CompactFlash. The built-in iSCSI support enables the transcoder to act as a conventional DVR while providing transcoded HD video across any bandwidth-type of network.
- Videos from the VJXTC-XF transcoder can be displayed using the Bosch Video Security App, on a PC using a Web browser, or using the Bosch Video Management System. You can also integrate the transcoder with another video management system. Adaptive Bit Rate encoding enables viewing from remote sites over limited bandwidth connections and wireless connections to mobile clients.
- Region of Interest (ROI)
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder lets you view every detail even on lower bandwidth or smaller video window by panning, tilting, and zooming on an ROI cut-out from the full image. ROI is possible on both live viewing and playback of recordings.
- Advanced Remote Playback
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder's Adaptive Bit Rate encoding and transcoding allows the replay of recordings over limited bandwidth connections. It provides smooth browsing through the footage while not missing on any details. It also provides quick access to the relevant recording, and recorded images are presented in original quality even over weak links.
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder features 8 profiles that can be predefined for various types of network connections. These profiles, selectable on the playback page, provide a quick and easy adaptation to the available bandwidth.
- Access Security
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder offers various security levels for accessing the network, the unit, and the data channels. It supports 802.1x authentications using a RADIUS server for identification, as well as password protection up to 3 levels. You can secure the Web browser access by HTTPS using a SSL certificate that is stored in the unit. For total data protection, each communication channel, video, or serial I/O can be independently AES encrypted with 128 bit keys once the Encryption Site License (sold separately) has been applied.
- Forensic Search
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder provides forensic search in the recordings of its assigned IVA-enabled cameras. Simple line and field definitions, drawn over the video image, allow quick and efficient search through the metadata of camera recordings. Forensic search is possible via the Bosch Video Security App as well as the Web browser playback interface.
- Easy Upgrade
- You can remotely upgrade the VJXTC-XF transcoder whenever new firmware becomes available.
- ONVIF Conformance
- The VJXTC-XF transcoder conforms to ONVIF 1.02 and ONVIF Profile S providing interoperability between network video products regardless of the manufacturer. The firmware of the device supports all applicable features of the ONVIF 2.2 specifications. ONVIF-conformant devices are able to exchange live video, audio, metadata, and control information and are automatically discovered and connected to network applications such as video management systems.