The Bosch DSA-N2E6X2-12AT DSA E-Series Base Unit (12 x 2 TB) includes a 2U controller unit with 12 internal 3.5”, 7.2 K, SAS (Serial Attached SCSI), 2 TB HDDs (Nearline SAS). This unit is a high-performance, robust, flexible solution suitable for a wide range of video surveillance requirements. Its balanced performance is designed for supporting high bandwidth and I/O intensive workloads. This base unit has redundant I/O paths, advanced protection features, and extensive diagnostic capabilities for delivering high levels of availability, integrity, and security.
This base unit is a scale-out network storage solution that provides security, high in-the-box scalability, peace-of-mind data protection, and simplified video data management. The DSA E-Series Array allows connection of up to 7 disk shelf expansion units (sold separately) (12 x 2 TB HDD per expansion shelf) to one base unit. In addition, this disk array offers RAID-5 protection for capacity-oriented environments.
This unit keeps your data safe and protected with redundant hot-swappable power supplies and fans, and offers protection from double-disk failure and single-bit errors during RAID rebuilds. The disk array offers support for Full SNMP with MIB-II and NetApp custom MIBs. In case of component failures, SNMP or e-mail alert notifications are generated. Additionally, an Event Monitor for sending alert notifications to a central Major Event Log is available.
The NetApp SANtricity storage management software (downloadable) combines robustness and ease of use. The extensive configuration flexibility allows optimal performance tuning and complete control over data placement. The intuitive interface and wizards are designed to simplify administrator tasks. With its dynamic capabilities, SANtricity software supports on-the-fly expansion, reconfiguration, and maintenance without interrupting storage system I/O.
Installable on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Clients, the SANtricity storage management software provides easy central management of all DSA E-Series arrays available within 1 network. There is no additional software necessary to be installed on peripheral devices. In addition, the system provides a powerful Command Line Interface (CLI), which is fully remote accessible by SSH (Secure Shell). This array offers a serial console connector and 2 dedicated Ethernet management ports for management access and 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet iSCSI host ports. The 2 iSCSI host ports provide separate access paths to the storage system and represent an individual iSCSI target.
Note! Each port must be configured with a separate IP address
- Scale-out network storage solution
- 2U controller unit with 12 internal SAS HDDs (12 x 2 TB)
- Allows connection of up to 7 expansion units (12 x 2 TB or 3TB HDDs for each unit)
- You can connect up to 192 HDDs via the state-of-the-art SAS interface-connected expansion units
- Configurable hardware-based RAID protection (RAID-5)
- Redundant hot-swappable power supplies and cooling fans
- Two 10 Gb/s high speed Ethernet ports for iSCSI connectivity
- Fully modular design for ease of service
- Automatic drive failover, detection, and rebuild using global hot spare drives
- Mirrored data cache with battery backup and destage to flash
- SANtricity proactive drive health monitoring identifies problem drives before they create issues