The black Lumix DMC-ZS25 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a handsome, high-quality compact camera with a 20x optical zoom lens, Intelligent Auto mode and manual exposure control. Its 16.1MP MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor provide low-noise images, accurate colors and fast performance and its 20x optical zoom lens stretches from ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto lengths. This Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens offers the 35mm equivalent focal length of a 24-480mm lens with a maximum aperture of f/3.3 at the wide-angle end. This aperture is wide enough to capture low light action and the camera's POWER Optical Image Stabilization will compensate for camera shake to provide clear photos and videos when shooting at the long lengths this lens offers. If you need to reach a bit further, a 40x Intelligent Digital Zoom feature is also available. Aspherical and Extra-low Dispersion lens elements and Nano Surface Coating minimize aberrations and flaring for sharply rendered images.
Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported by the ZS25 and a dedicated one-touch button will take you instantly from photo mode to video. You can also shoot still images while recording a video. A 3.0" Intelligent LCD screen is provided for composition and playback, it has an 11-step auto brightness function that automatically adjusts as lighting conditions change.
The ZS25 offers fast autofocus, burst shooting and its Intelligent Auto mode allows the camera to set all optimal adjustments while you compose and shoot. If you want your settings to be even more specific, 18 individual Scene Modes, such as Panorama, Sunset or Night Portrait, offer predefined settings that correspond to the scene you are shooting. High Dynamic Range is included in the Scene Modes to capture balanced images that contain both shadows and bright areas. Four photo aspect ratios are available: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and square-shaped 1:1 and manual exposure control is also available on the ZS25 so you can adjust aperture and shutter speed to create images exactly the way you envision.
For expressive imaging, Creative Control and Creative Retouch allow you to add artsy effects before or after you shoot, for example Retro Look, Toy Effect or One Point Color. Creative Panorama offers the same effects on panorama images and Creative Control is also supported in video mode.
The DMC-ZS25 provides 90MB of internal memory in case your memory card fills up and it's conveniently powered by both a conventional AC adapter and via the USB input. PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 image management software is included with your camera.
- 16.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor
- A 16.1MP High Sensitivity MOS Sensor offers high-speed signal output and high quality image recording even in low light conditions. The Venus Engine Image Processor is powerful enough to handle multiple operations simultaneously and provides the ability to process Full HD data at high speeds. Its Noise Reduction System keeps images clear even at high ISO.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar 20x Optical Zoom Lens
- A 20x ultra wide-angle optical zoom lens provides the 35mm focal length equivalent of a 24-480mm lens, which incorporates shooting possibilities from ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto. At the wide-angle end, group shots, expansive interiors and exaggerated angles are possible and the 480mm telephoto capability will bring distant subjects in for their close-up. A 40x Intelligent Digital Zoom function is also available for even longer reach. To ensure sharpness and greater color fidelity, the lens' optical design features 3 aspherical and 2 Extra-low Dispersion lens elements and Nano Surface Coating on the lens elements improves clarity by reducing flaring and ghosting.
- Full HD 1080p Video with Dedicated One-touch Button
- Full HD 1080p Video recording is available with a dedicated button that switches you immediately from photo mode into video mode. Shoot in MP4 format for viewing on your computer or AVCHD if viewing with Blu-ray players or on a VIERA TV. Dolby Digital sound with a wind cut function provides audio recording and Intelligent Auto, POWER Optical Image Stabilization, 20x Zoom and Creative Control Modes are supported in video. In Miniature Effect Mode you can create 10x fast-moving movies. Also, while shooting HD video you can simply push the shutter button to create a still image without cutting the video.
- 3.0" Intelligent LCD Display
- Composition and playback are viewed with the large 3.0" TFT Color LCD display with 460,000 pixel resolution. It provides 100% field of view and features the Intelligent LCD function which automatically adjusts the screen's brightness according to shooting conditions.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilization
- The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses the vibration from hand-shake, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. The O.I.S. also works for powerful zoom shots, which are especially susceptible to hand-shake and O.I.S. Active Mode is effective for video recording. It provides clearer images with less blur.
- Intelligent Auto
- In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Combining Automatic ISO and Exposure, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Detection, HDR, POWER O.I.S. and all the assistive functions into one mode, the camera adjusts itself to the best possible setting for the scene you are shooting.
- Manual Exposure Control and Custom Settings
- The DMC-ZS25 provides easy-to-use manual exposure control. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur that emphasizes the feeling of movement. Manual exposure allows for greater creativity and control and is the key to developing your shooting skills. Also available are 4 custom settings that you create and are available without the need to adjust settings.
- Burst Shooting
- In High-Speed Burst Mode you can take a series of shots at 10 frames per second, then choose the ones you like and delete the rest. With Autofocus tracking engaged you can shoot at up to 5fps at full resolution.
- Aspect Ratios
- The ZS25 shoots in four aspect ratios. Its native ratio is 4:3 offers numerous resolution levels and it also captures in 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 at higher resolutions.
- 18 Scene Modes including HDR
- Scene Modes provide predefined settings to make shooting certain types of scenes easier. The Scene Modes are: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, High Dynamic Range, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, Underwater, 3D Photo
- Macro Zoom
- By using 3x digital zoom you can pull subjects even closer than the minimum wide-angle focus point, thus creating dramatic macro close-ups.
- Creative Control and Retouch Modes
- With Creative Control you can add expressive effects such as Sepia, Soft Focus and Miniature Effect to your images before you shoot. With Creative Retouch, add those same effects after you have shot your images. Creative Control is also provided when shooting panorama photos.
- Built-in Memory
- The ZS25 provides 90MB of built-in memory when your memory card is filled or in case you just don't have it.
- Languages Supported
- English and Spanish