The blue Lumix DMC-TS25 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a compact "tough" camera that can shoot both photos and HD video on land and underwater. A 16.1MP CCD sensor provides clear, well-defined images even in low light and a Lumix DC Vario lens offers focal lengths from wide-angle to telephoto at 25-100mm in 35mm format. An 8x Intelligent Zoom function offers even longer digital zoom reach when needed. 23-area Autofocus and Quick AF combine to provide fast and accurate autofocus
HD 720p video is available with a dedicated button one-touch button. Shooting a still photo while shooting video is supported and MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) compensates for camera shake in photo and video, offering clear images in low light or when shooting telephoto. Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode is available for point and shoot capability with all assistive features engaged and Scene Mode provides predefined settings to shoot certain types of scenes (Sunset, Starry Sky, Night Scenery, etc.) with the ideal camera adjustments. The camera also can shoot up to 8 frames per second in High-speed Burst Mode, shoot time-lapse images and offers Creative Control Mode in both standard and panorama dimensions so you can add specialized effects to your photos.
A 2.7" TFT LCD screen with 230k-dot resolution and anti-reflective coating provides composition and playback viewing. The LCD features 11-step auto brightness adjustment for better viewing based on light conditions.
The "tough" features of the TS25 allow it to go pretty much anywhere your adventures take you. It is waterproof to a depth of 23' (7 m), shock proof from a drop height of 5' (1.5 m), freeze proof to a temperature of 14ºF (-10ºC) and dust and sand proof. When dirty, the camera can be easily washed off with water. The TS25 features Advanced Underwater Mode which compensates for the red colors often lost when shooting underwater providing more natural looking underwater images. The camera also contains a torch light when shooting video underwater or at night and it can be simply used as a flashlight when you are not shooting.
- 16.1MP Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor
- A 16.1MP CCD Sensor offers high quality imaging even in low light conditions.
- Lumix DC Vario Lens
- A 4x wide-angle optical zoom lens provides 35mm focal length equivalents of 25-100mm which ranges from wide-angle to telephoto. This incorporates most shooting situations and a 8x Intelligent Zoom will reach even further if needed. Macro function is available at 3x digital zoom. The maximum aperture at the wide-angle end is f/3.9. The lens is designed from 11 elements in 10 groups and includes 5 aspherical lenses and 1 extra-low dispersion lens for sharp images and reduced aberrations.
- Waterproof and Tough Features
- The TS25 is waterproof to a depth of 23' (7 m), shock proof from a drop height of 5' (1.5 m), freeze proof to a temperature of 14ºF (-10ºC) and dust proof to the IP6X standard.
- 720p HD Video with Dedicated One-touch Button
- 720p HD video recording at 30 frames per second in the MP4 format is supported by the TS25. A dedicated button switches you immediately into video mode and both Intelligent Auto (iA) and MEGA Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) is available for video.
- 2.7" Intelligent LCD Display
- Composition and playback are viewed with a 2.7" TFT Screen LCD display with 230,000 pixel resolution. It provides 100% field of view and offers Power Monitor Mode, AUTO Power Monitor Mode and High Angle Mode. An anti-reflective coating is applied to the screen for easier viewing in direct sunlight and the Intelligent LCD function automatically adjusts the screen's brightness according to shooting conditions.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- MEGA O.I.S, in both photo and video modes, compensates the effects of handshake in both photo and video mode. This will provide you with clearer images in low light and when shooting at telephoto lengths.
- Aspect Ratios
- The TS25 shoots in four aspect ratios. Its native ratio is 4:3 with numerous resolution levels and it also captures in 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1.
- Underwater Mode
- The new underwater red color reproduction feature allows you to capture the colors of the underwater world, as it is seen, eliminating dull, grey colors often associated with underwater pictures.
- Time Lapse and Burst Shooting
- Time lapse shooting is possible as is high-speed continuous shooting of up to 8 frames per second. At full resolution you can burst shoot at 1.3 frames per second. Flash Burst Shooting is also supported.
- Creative Control and Scene Modes
- The Creative Control/Retouch feature includes modes such as soft focus, toy effect and retro photo. The scene shooting modes provide offer predefined settings to make shooting certain types of scenes easier. Scene modes are: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through.
- Torch Light
- A torch light is available to illuminate videos shot underwater or at night and it can also be used as a simple flashlight when not shooting video.
- Language Support
- English and Spanish.