The black Olympus SP-720UZ Digital Camera is a point-and-shoot with a CMOS image sensor that has a 14MP resolution. It's equipped with a 3.0", 460K-pixel LCD monitor. The 26x optical zoom lens has an effective focal length of 4.66-121.2mm, equivalent to 26-676mm in 35mm format. This enables you to capture everything from wide-angle to super-telephoto shots.
Capture Full HD 1080p video with stereo sound. The camera utilizes Auto Tracking and Face Detect autofocus modes, to track moving subjects and automatically detect up to 8 faces, respectively. Spot AF is also available. HDR backlight correction, enabled by the CMOS sensor, lets you shoot pictures with optimum gradations. The sensor also allows for easy high-speed continuous shooting.
The iAUTO function automatically selects the best camera mode based on your subject, letting you hand over all the calculation to the camera and just focus on getting the shot you want. With 3D Photo mode, you can capture everything from everyday scenes to dynamic scenery in three dimensions. Then, view the images on a 3D-compatible TV or computer.
- 26-676mm (35mm Equiv) Lens
- Lens focal length of 4.66-121.2mm is equivalent to 26-676mm in 35mm format, covering wide-angle to super-telephoto range. The 26x optical zoom can be combined with the camera's 4x digital zoom to achieve 104x zoom
- DUAL IS
- The camera combines 2 types of image stabilization to compensate for camera shake and ensure clear, blur-free shots throughout the zoom range: CMOS sensor shift-type, which uses digital SLR algorithms, and high-sensitivity shooting (digital type)
- Full HD 1080 Movie Recording
- Capture videos in full high-definition 1920 x 1080p resolution. H.264 movie compression allows you to shoot for longer periods of time. Thanks to the dedicated movie button, starting and stopping movies is easy with a single touch. The Linear PCM audio format provides stereo sound to accompany your video. You can also shoot photos in 720p or VGA resolution
- Magic Filter
- Dramatic and Random Tile options have been added to the popular Magic Filter mode, bringing the total number of different options to 12. The other choices include Pop, Pinhole, Fisheye, Sketch, Wedding, Rock, Watercolor, Crystal, Miniature, and Mirror, all of which can be used when shooting movies, with the exception of Crystal. The resolution for still images is 5MP and lower when using the following Magic Filters: Sketch, Wedding, Watercolor, and Crystal. Some filters are also available for use when shooting movies
- Beauty Mode Makeup Function
- The Makeup function has been added to Beauty mode, allowing you to apply full makeup to subjects' faces post-capture. This function offers a full range of 17 different effects, divided into four different themes: Makeup, Eye Effects, Performance, and Spa. The Makeup menu screen is packed with cosmetic choices like Cheeks, Eye Shadow, and False Eyelashes, so that you can easily choose and apply effects. In the Eye Effect menu, you can not only change eye color, but make eyes appear larger, as well. In the Spa menu, you can make faces appear smaller, and add effects such as Lift-up to modify their appearance. The resolution for still images is 5MP and lower for corrected images.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- Shoot at up to 5fps at the full 14MP resolution. Other options include 2-fps shooting at the same 14MP and 10- or 30-fps shooting at 5MP
- 3D Photo Shooting
- Capture everything from everyday scenes to dynamic scenery in 3D. Afterwards, you can view the images on a 3D-compatible TV or computer. By simply selecting 3D Photo from the shooting mode, pressing the shutter button and sliding the camera horizontally, you can produce a three-dimensional photo. Both the 3D data (MPO format) and the JPEG data are saved. 3D Photo can be used in Auto mode or Manual mode. In Auto, after the first shot is complete, the second shot will automatically be taken once the camera is moved to match the target. In Manual, after the first shot is complete, you can take the second shot after matching the semi-transparent layers. To play back, just select 3D Photo or regular photo, and then images will be viewable on your compatible device. The 3D Photo mode is available for stationary subjects only, and flash, zoom, face detection, Auto Tracking AF, and timer are not available when using it. Focal length is locked at 35mm (35mm equivalent) and shooting range is 19.7" (50 cm) to infinity. Settings cannot be changed after the first shot is recorded
- Pet Mode (Scene Mode)
- Dogs and cats are automatically detected. By selecting Pet-cat or Pet-dog modes, you allow the camera to automatically detect cats or dogs and focus on their faces. The number of detectable pets is 1 with Auto shutter on 1, or 10 with Auto shutter off. Face detection for people and use of flash are not available during pet detection
- Auto Shutter
- Capture all your pet's cute expressions. The camera will automatically shoot when a pet faces it head-on. (Can detect one pet)
- Shadow Adjustment Technology
- SAT gives you more natural-looking images similar to what you see with your unaided eye. To compensate for extreme contrast where shadow areas lack visible details due to backlight and similar situations, it adjusts the contrast of these areas to the same level as seen by the naked eye
- SD/SDHC/SDXC and Eye-Fi Memory Card Support
- Has an SD/SDHC/SDXC slot for optional memory cards. Also compatible with optional Eye-Fi cards, which are SDHC cards containing an internal wireless LAN. Images can be wirelessly uploaded to picture services, online photo albums, and computers
- SNS Upload Function
- Allows images to be easily uploaded to services such as Facebook and Flickr. After shooting, images you want to share can be added to a list, then transferred to a computer. Images added to a list on a computer can be searched with a single touch and easily uploaded. Preinstall the included software, OLYMPUS Viewer2, on a computer in order to enable SNS Upload
- Other Features
- Face and Back Control detects subjects' faces, adjusts the focus and optimizes the exposure. Scene Mode allows for shooting not only standard scenes, but also clear, detailed images in challenging conditions. In-camera Panorama Merge lets you easily shoot panoramic images in different directions--up, down, left, or right--simply by moving the camera as directed. AF Illuminator lends focus assistance in dark situations. HDMI Output Control enables control of the camera, such as selecting and switching images, with a TV remote control. With Photo Surfing, search for images by keyword, such as date and subject.
- Software Requirements
To run the Olympus Viewer 2 software on Windows, you'll need Windows XP SP 2 or later, Vista or Windows 7, as well as a Pentium 4 1.3GHz or better processor (Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz or better required for movies). Also required is 512MB or more of RAM (1GB recommended), or 1GB or more of RAM (2GB or more recommended) for movies. Additionally, you will need 1GB or more of free hard drive space. A monitor with 1024 × 768 resolution and 65,536 colors or better is required (16,770,000 colors recommended). In terms of graphics, a minimum of 64 MB video RAM with DirectX 9 or later.
To run on a Mac, you'll need Mac OS X v10.4.11 or later and an Intel Core Solo/Duo 1.5GHz or better processor. You'll also require 1GB or more of RAM (2GB or more recommended), and 1GB or more of free hard drive space. Your monitor must have a minimum resolution of 1024 × 768 and at least 32,000 colors (16,770,000 colors recommended)