The 2TB Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series from LaCie is an external storage array capable of transferring data at speeds up to 10Gb/s. These enhanced data transfer speeds are made possible via the two integrated Thunderbolt ports located on the back of the drive enclosure. These Thunderbolt ports also make it possible to daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt technology compatible devices such as other Thunderbolt drives and displays.
This 2TB Little Big Disk drive comes preconfigured in RAID 0 striped set for enhanced data transfer speeds. You can also configure this drive in RAID 1 and JBOD using Mac OS Disk Utility. The included drives feature a 32MB cache and 5400 rpm rotational speed.
- Enhanced Data Transfer Speeds
- Little Big Disk features a preconfigured RAID 0 striped set with a 10Gb/s Thunderbolt interface that delivers enhanced data transfer rates of up to 190MB/s.
- Performance In Reads
- Daisy chain multiple LaCie Little Big Disks together to increase overall transfer rates. The more units you chain together, the higher performance you receive. The LaCie Little Big Disk makes it possible to acquire, edit, and play back multiple uncompressed A/V streams directly from the drive.
- RAID for Speed or Security
- Use Disk Utility on your Mac OS to configure the LaCie Little Big Disk into a RAID array that suits your needs. It's possible to set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. Alternatively, configure it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers.
- Thunderbolt Interface
- Thunderbolt technology permits daisy chaining up to six compatible peripherals and combines two existing communication protocols. Each cable provides two channels with 10Gb/s bandwidth of both uplink and downlink. As a result, video and data can be pushed and pulled both ways without compromising bandwidth. Simplify connection between your A/V devices and computer peripherals by daisy chaining them all together so you only need a single port on your laptop. It's also mini DisplayPort backwards compatible so you can connect compatible displays as well.
- Lightweight Powerhouse
- The LaCie Little Big Disk weighs just 1.4 lb. The reduced form factor allows it to fit in the palm of your hand while the integrated cooling system keeps the drive from overheating.