The 4TB d2 Quadra Hard Drive with USB 3.0 from LaCie is a 4TB external hard drive complete with two FireWire ports, one eSATA port, and one USB 3.0 port for versatile connectivity. The included drive comes with a 7200 rpm rotational speed and 32MB cache ensuring you can retrieve your data quickly and efficiently. Once the drive is set up, you can take advantage of improved data transfer speeds with up to 800Mb/s transfer rate via FireWire 800 connection, up to 5Gb/s via USB 3.0 connection, 3Gb/s via eSATA connection, and 480Mb/s via USB 2.0.
The LaCie d2 Quadra comes equipped with the LaCie Shortcut Button allowing you to easily launch a variety of applications including backup applications, music, slideshows and more with the push of a button.
- Improved Performance and Reliability
- With a USB 3.05Gb/s interface and 4TB storage capacity, the LaCie d2 Quadra Hard Disk is the ideal tool for those in need of fast throughput and large storage capacity. It features 7200 rpm drives with a minimum of 32MB cache for the enhanced performance and seek times, so it can handle the most resource-intensive application. With USB 3.0 you can benefit from data speeds of up to 130MB/s.
- Cross-Platform Applications
- The d2 Quadra features USB 3.0, eSATA, and two FireWire 800 interfaces, and it's backward compatible with USB 2.0 and FireWire 400. It's even USB 3.0-compatible on Mac computers, thanks to LaCie's USB 3.0 driver for Mac OS. With all of its interfaces, the d2 Quadra offers universal connectivity making it easy to back up and restore any workstation, no matter the configuration and interfaces. With USB 3.0 you can make faster, more frequent backups of your data.
- Functional, User-Centric Features
- With the preloaded LaCie Desktop Manager, you can easily configure the shortcut button to launch the application of your choice in one push and configure your drive's eco mode. And, with its two-color LED indicator, it is easy to check the drive status. It also includes Genie Backup Assistant software and Intego Backup Assistant software with data restore for Windows and Mac.
- Fanless Aluminum Heat Sink Design
- The d2 Quadra's fanless aluminum heat sink design offers increased surface area, keeping it quiet, safe, and free from dust inside. It can also stand upright, be stacked horizontally with other drives, or rack-mounted to save desktop space. It's a solution for heavy storage users who want off-site backups and archives of any work environment. The integrated eco mode automatically conserves energy if the drive is inactive for a certain period of time.