The PreSonus 312AI Three-Way 2,000W Powered 12" Loudspeaker with Active Integration is a compact PA enclosure with full-range sound and performance. It features a 12" ferrite woofer for low frequencies and a custom-designed 8" coaxial speaker with a 1.75" titanium compression driver. These transducers are driven by 2,000W RMS of triamplified, Class D power.
Coaxial systems mount two drivers on the same axis, thus providing a single-point source for a consistent acoustic center. This results in symmetry of response on both the horizontal and vertical axes, at any given angle. The crossover transition is seamless at all angles. The onboard 96kHz/32-bit floating point DSP employs Temporal Equalization to perfect coaxial performance.
The 312AI has flexible connectivity, featuring an XLR/TRS combo input as well as an XLR microphone input. The microphone input provides an XMAX Class A preamplifier and 12V phantom power. An additional XLR mix output can send a parallel signal to another powered speaker. Wireless and wired speaker level-attenuation can be controlled via USB and Ethercon connections.
The plywood enclosure is pole-mountable and has two ergonomic side handles, M10 fly points and allows stable stacking. Four DSP preset Operation Modes optimize performance to the application, including MP3 playback, live performance, or stage monitoring as well as a custom user preset using the SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
- Active Integration
PreSonus Active Integration employs an OMAP 5 multi-core ARM 2GHz Cortex-A processor. This 32-bit/96 kHz DSP system includes an operating system, wireless and 100Mb Ethernet communications, USB 2.0 and 532 MHz LPDDR2 SD RAM.
Because of this processor, the 312AI loudspeaker is able to incorporate a 31-band graphic EQ, 8-band fully parametric EQ, limiter, variable high-pass filter, and output delay, as well as complete remote control over output level and performance monitoring. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
- Onboard TQ Temporal Equalization by Fulcrum Acoustics
- The 312AI's DSP chip also powers Fulcrum Acoustic's TQ algorithms. The TQ algorithms use fully addressable Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filters to eliminate horn reflections and to correct linear time and amplitude anomalies. Loudspeakers tuned with TQ provide a crisper stereo image, greater soundstage depth, more separation between the elements of a complex mix, increased resistance to feedback, more seamless transitions between distributed loudspeakers, and a less fatiguing listening experience.
- Asymmetrical Crossover Scheme
- The 312AI loudspeaker uses an asymmetrical, 3-way crossover scheme and time-based processing to increase the output capability. The design employs a massive crossover overlap between the woofer and 8" coaxial cone. In the overlap range, the combined output is significantly higher than either one of the components individually.
- SL Room Control Software
- The master control center resides in SL Room Control, an easy-to-use system configuration app for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. A Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wired or wireless network. Once connected, you can create, edit, save, and recall speaker-setup parameters. Additionally, Operation Modes allow you to choose between optimized settings for different applications.