The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W710 Digital Camera is a highly compact point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor for producing high resolution still imagery and HD 720p video. This sensor is benefitted by the inclusion of a 5x optical zoom lens, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm. For shooting in low-light conditions and when working at longer zoom magnifications, SteadyShot image stabilization helps to counter the effects of camera shake.
For monitoring and playback of images, and for navigating the menu system, a 2.7" 230k-dot Clear Photo LCD is available and offers five brightness steps to aid in viewing in bright conditions. There are also a host of camera effects to further refine the appearance of your imagery including Picture Effects, Beauty Effects, Face Detection and Smile Shutter, 360° Sweep Panorama, and Advanced Flash.
- 16.1MP Super HAD CCD Sensor and HD Video
- The W710 integrates a 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD image sensor to produce high resolution imagery that is well-benefitted by the 5x optical zoom lens and SteadyShot image stabilization. The combination of these technologies renders sharp, detailed imagery suitable for both printing and sharing online. The sensor also enables HD video recording up to 1280 x 720p format at 30fps.
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens and SteadyShot Image Stabilization
A built-in 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm, giving wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit most shooting situations.
Significantly benefitting this lens' long-range abilities is built-in SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps to lessen the appearance of camera shake in both horizontal and vertical directions.
- Other Camera Features
- The 2.7" 230k-dot Clear Photo LCD monitor is a bright, clear means for composing imagery and reviewing photos and videos.
- Picture Effects help to add increased mood to imagery by altering their appearance to suit your creative direction. Effects include Toy Camera, Pop Color, and Partial Color effect amongst others.
- Beauty Effect gives you the ability to enhance subjects' skin tones, smooth the appearance of their skin, remove blemishes and shine, whiten teeth, and more.
- Advanced Flash works to improve the overall effectiveness of the built-in flash and provide greater illumination to light up more of the scene in darker situations.
- Face detection and Smile Shutter work to improve portraits by emphasizing focus and exposure on the subjects' face and automatically releasing the shutter when a smile is detected.
- 360° Sweep Panorama allows you to create wide panoramic images in-camera by simply sweeping your camera about the scene.