The 20x56 Monarch 5 Binocular from Nikon features a weather-sealed housing and high-transmission optics, delivering the image quality and reliability characteristic of Monarch series binoculars. This large-objective model from the Monarch 5 lineup features 56mm objectives and the same eco-friendly premium glass optics as other Monarch 5 binoculars. The lens system is made of lead and arsenic-free, extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements, which efficiently transmit light through the optical channel and maximize image brightness.
To complement the high-transmission ED lens system, Nikon equipped the 20x56 Monarch 5 with multicoated roof prisms that render a luminous view that is packed with detail and contrast across the 59.9° apparent view. Phase-corrective prism coating aligns the incoming wavelengths of light and preserves color fidelity as well as sharpness; a multi-layer dielectric mirror prism coating maximizes light reflected through the eyepieces. This range of optical technologies allows the Monarch 5 binocular to produce lifelike colors and impressive brightness—even if you are viewing during twilight hours or under heavy cloud cover.
In addition to their premium optics, the 20x56 Monarch 5 boasts the same user-friendly handling and all-terrain construction as their smaller-objective stable mates. A rubber armored body with sculpted grips gives these glasses an ergonomic feel and provides slip-resistance. The nitrogen-filled fogproof housing is built to endure long days of birding or hunting in heavy rain or extreme humidity. Other user-friendly features include a rubberized focus wheel and twist-up eyecups with multiple click-stop positions and a 16mm eye relief that permits a comfortable viewing distance even for eyeglass wearers.
The combination of a nitrogen-filled fogproof housing with ED lenses, 56mm objectives, and an included tripod mounting adapter make this configuration of the Monarch 5 a full-featured binocular for almost any long-range observation.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 20x
- Objective lenses: 56mm diameter
- Eco-Glass: Lead and arsenic-free optics
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements enhance color fidelity and brightness
- Phase-correction coated prisms preserve clarity and sharpness
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coating
- Anti-reflective multicoated optics
- Apparent viewing angle: 59.9° wide angle
- 16.4mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Twist-up eyecups with multiple click-stop positions
- Rubberized center focus wheel
- Flip-down objective covers
- Tripod adapter included
- Neoprene neck strap
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Rubber armored body with contoured gripping ridges
- Fiberglass-infused polycarbonate housing
- 43.6 oz weight