The TS-1270U-RP 12-Bay IP-SAN/NAS SATA 6G/USB 3.0 Storage Solution from Qnap is a server that functions as both IP-SAN (iSCSI) and NAS. It's easily employable in various business and enterprise applications, including as a backup center and for disaster recovery, file sharing, virtualization and video editing storage.The TS-1270U-RP offers a variety of security options to prevent unauthorized access to your data, even in the event that the hard drive(s) or device is stolen. Sophisticated RAID configurations and hot-swap capabilities are included to offer high performance, protection and minimized rebuilding time. The dual operating system embedded on the DOM architecture ensures that the system will boot up. Setting up local or remote access with the server is easy and requires no IT skills. Easy management tools like instant SMS / Email alert, the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) feature and System Resource Monitor are included to keep administrators updated on their NAS at all times. The system features an Intel dual-core processor, 4GB DDR3 memory, 10Gb network capability and a 6Gbps SATA interface for high performance and fast data transfer rates. You also get blazing-fast data backup via USB 3.0. The server supports SMB / CIFS, NFS and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux / UNIX networks. Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) between the TS-1270U-RP and a remote QNAP NAS, an FTP server or an external drive is also provided. Enjoy support for Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform cloud storage backup. The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. The administrator can set up a Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V and execute Virtual Machine Live Migration between Hyper-V hosts. The TS-1270U-RP provides AES 256-bit encryption. It functions as an all-in-one server, boasting file, FTP, backup, web, RADIUS, Syslog and print server, as well as a surveillance station. Multiple LAN deployment is also offered.
- While data may seem insecure when open in a network, the TS-1270U-RP offers a variety of security options, including encrypted access, IP filtering, policy-based automatic IP blocking and more. Additionally, complete control of the NAS is provided to the user with folder access rights to determine who is able to access the NAS and what is / is not accessible. The server is loaded with security features that prevent unauthorized data access, including AES-256 volume-based encryption. This feature stops sensitive data from being accessed by unauthorized users and also prevents data breach, even in the event that the hard drive(s) or device is stolen.
- Built-in safety precautions protect your data from unforeseen problems. With numerous built-in features to guarantee that nothing interrupts the work flow of your business, the TS-1270U-RP is a highly efficient asset. Sophisticated RAID configurations and hot-swap capabilities are included to offer RAID performance, protection and minimized rebuilding time. Moreover, the dual operating system embedded on the DOM architecture ensures that the system boots up. In the event that one of the two operating systems fails, the healthy operating system will boot up and operate normally while repairing the failed one. The dual Gigabit LAN ports are also configurable for failover, allowing the NAS server to sustain one network port failure and continue to provide continuous service.
- Setting up local or remote access with the server is a breeze and requires no IT skills. All setup processes have been simplified. Most of the necessary steps are either automatic or may be completed via an installation wizard. The user-friendly web graphical user interface enables administrators to easily manage the NAS without extensive knowledge of complicated commands. Easy management tools like instant SMS / Email alert, the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) feature and System Resource Monitor are included to keep administrators up-to-date on their NAS at all times.
- High Performance
- Featuring an Intel dual-core processor, 4GB DDR3 memory, 10 Gigabit network capability and a 6 Gbps SATA interface, the TS-1270U-RP delivers superior performance. The most demanding requirements in data center or corporate networks may be satisfied by this server. An exceptional data transfer rate of over 1,000 MBps throughput and 100,000 IOPS 1 allow intensive business applications and concurrent tasks to be fulfilled with ease. With RAID 5, the server boasts 1,823 MBps read and 1,319 MBps write speeds (throughput), as well as 190,050 IOPS read and 156,385 IOPS write speeds. 1
- 10 GbE NAS + iSCSI/IP-SAN Solution for Server Virtualization
- As IT resources become increasingly virtualized, the need for high performance storage is more critical than ever before. The TS-1270U-RP provides class-leading system architecture paired with 10 GbE networking performance engineered to meet the requirements of demanding server virtualization--including VMware, Citrix and Windows Hyper-V. The 10 GbE network speeds greatly enhance the agility of data transmission in a virtualized environment, improving NFS and iSCSI connection performance.
- High Network Bandwidth
- The server provides network expansion options, including dual-port 1 GbE and dual-port 10 GbE network expansion cards, to aggregate and improve network performance. The TS-1270U-RP features 2 x Gigabit (GbE) LAN ports expandable to 6 x GbE LAN, or 4 x 10 GbE LAN plus 2 x GbE ports.
- Blazing Fast Data Backup via USB 3.0
- The server boasts USB 3.0 ports for fast backup to external hard drives. EXT3, EXT4, NTFS and HFS+ file systems are all supported, ensuring compatibility with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
- Centralized Storage and File Sharing
Cross-Platform Sharing with Antivirus
The server supports SMB / CIFS, NFS and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac and Linux / UNIX networks. User accounts and shared folders may be generated with the user-friendly web-based interface. No IT expertise is required. The integrated antivirus solution for the Turbo NAS ensures continuous business workflow by providing detection against the latest viruses, malware, worms and Trojan horses.
Windows Active Directory (AD) and LDAP Directory Service
Windows AD and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) directory service features allow the system administrator to retrieve user accounts from Windows AD or Linux LDAP server to the TS-1270U-RP, reducing the time and effort required in account setup. Users are permitted to use the same login name and password to access the TS-1270U-RP.
Shared Folder Aggregation
As an added convenience, you can connect to the shared folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking via the "portal folder" on the TS-1270U-RP. This minimizes the hassle of logging in to various servers one by one.
ISO File Archiving and Sharing
The TS-1270U-RP supports the mounting of ISO images of CD / DVD discs for network sharing folders for data archiving, storage and sharing. This feature conserves much more space than does storing the physical discs, lowers the risk of data loss due to long-term use of the discs and improves the performance of data sharing on a business network.
Centralized Log Monitoring
A central repository of log data from different network devices enables efficient business management and security auditing. QNAP Syslog server permits the IT administrator to collect and store logs of other network devices in the Turbo NAS.
The Windows ACL (access control list) feature offers sophisticated shared folder permission settings and thus simplifies IT management for businesses with a large number of users. By enabling the Windows ACL, basic permissions and 13 advanced permissions can be set up from the Windows Explorer and synchronized with the permission settings of the Turbo NAS. In addition, the same permissions apply to AFP, FTP, Web File Manager and Samba when Advanced Folder Permissions are enabled at the same time.
Advanced Folder Permissions
This feature allows users to configure folder/subfolder access to the Turbo NAS. With this feature enabled, users can manage the folder permissions from Microsoft Windows or the web-based management interface of the Turbo NAS easily.
- Backup Center for Business
- The server delivers a total backup solution for businesses with QNAP QBack / NetBak Replicator, which supports real-time and scheduled data backup from Windows PCs, Apple Time Machine backup from Mac OS and third-party backup software, including Acronis True Image and Symantec Backup Exec.
- Disaster Recovery Solution
Real-Time Remote Replication (RTRR)
Offers real-time or scheduled data replication between the TS-1270U-RP and a remote QNAP NAS, FTP server or external drive.
iSCSI LUN Backup and Restore
The Turbo NAS takes iSCSI LUN backup/ restore to an advanced level with snapshot technology. The IT administrator is now able to use the LUN snapshot to back up contents in the LUN to different storage destinations, such as Windows shared folders via SMB / CIFS, Linux shared folders via NFS or local shared folders on the Turbo NAS.
Cloud Storage Backup
Prepare to send private data to the clouds. The TS-1270U-RP provides support for Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform cloud storage backup, which feature several backup modes, such as real-time, scheduled backup and versioning control. This allows data to be restored from any point in time. With ElephantDrive, cloud storage may be monitored via a web browser. An additional set of the stored data will always be available, making remote data recovery quick and easy.
- iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
The TS-1270U-RP is VMware and Citrix ready and Windows Hyper-V compliant. Compared with a high-cost Fibre Channel SAN, the TS-1270U-RP is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
SPC-3 Persistent Reservation Supported
The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. The administrator can set up a Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V and execute Virtual Machine Live Migration between Hyper-V hosts.
Offers support for numerous LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) and iSCSI targets. LUNs may be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from and switched among various iSCSI targets.
Engineered with CHAP authentication and LUN masking, the sophisticated ACL (Access Control List) provides the ability to block unauthorized access from the initiators.
Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported
With the support of MPIO (Multipath Input Output) and MC/S (Multiple Connections per Session) on the Turbo NAS, users are able to connect to the iSCSI targets on the TS-1270U-RP using 2 or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, improved data transmission performance can be achieved with MC/S settings.
- Video Editing
- Digital film and video production creates volumes of data needing high-performance RAID storage with sustainable throughput, in order to provide balance with the demanding output of video editing. The TS-1270U-RP fulfills storage and video editing demands with a fast 10 GbE network interface. Digital videos may be quickly stored and edited on the server directly over the network.
- FIPS 140-2 Validated AES 256-Bit Volume-Based Data Encryption
- Disk volume with FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit encryption is only accessible via an authorized encryption* password or key. This prevents sensitive government or business data on the Turbo NAS from being accessed and breached by unauthorized users, even if the hard disk drives or the entire system were stolen. 2
- Secure Measures for Data Storage and Access
Policy-Based Unauthorized IP Blocking
Administrators may allow, deny or auto-block designated IP addresses or network domains which attempt to connect to the server via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba or AFP.
The TS-1270U-RP provides support for remote login via an SSH (secure shell) or Telnet connection.
SSL Security (HTTPS)
The server supports HTTPS connection. The administrator is capable of uploading a secure certificate and RSA private key in X.509PEM format issued by a trusted provider to enable access to the TS-1270U-RP via secure SSL login.
Server offers safe data transfer with SSL / TLS (explicit) encryption. Passive FTP port range setup is supported as well.
Encrypted Remote Replication by Rsync
Data on the server may be securely backed up to or from another QNAP Turbo NAS or Rsync server over the network.
Shared Folder Management
Administrators may choose to hide or display the network shared folders of the server on the Windows network.
User Authority Management
Administrators have the ability to create user ID and password and define authority and quota for every user.
- Abundant Business Features
The server permits file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX platforms. It also provides support for WebDAV to allow easy remote access to the shared folders via HTTP / HTTPS protocol.
Administrators have the ability to establish an FTP server with the TS-1270U-RP and conveniently share files with colleagues or customers.
The TS-1270U-RP provides total backup solutions with Apple Time Machine support, remote replication to an Rsync server, Windows client backup software QNAP NetBak Replicator and third-party backup software support.
Numerous websites may be hosted on the TS-1270U-RP with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
Centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts authorized to remotely access the network via dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point or VPN connections.
By collecting and storing logs of other network devices in the Turbo NAS with QNAP's Syslog server support, the IT administrator is able to easily monitor the status of these devices and perform additional troubleshooting whenever required.
The TS-1270U-RP provides cross-platform printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the web (maximum of 3 USB printers). IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are supported as well.
Administrators can monitor supported IP cameras through the TS-1270U-RP and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording and playback features.
The TS-1270U-RP offers support for IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6), making the NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows users to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. The QNAP VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP with a very intuitive user interface. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with the QNAP VPN Server. With just a few clicks, users can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely.
With the help of Squid QPKG, the QNAP Turbo can be used as a proxy server. Internet cache speeds up web browsing; web filtering and monitoring enhances business Internet security.
- Advanced RAID Management with Hot-Swap Design
- RAID is a sophisticated feature that the QNAP Turbo NAS provides in order to improve data protection and performance. The QNAP Turbo NAS features a scalable design in addition to offering support for various levels of disk configurations, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 5+hot spare, 6, 6+hot spare, 10, 10+hotspare, single disk and JBOD.
- Global Hot Spare
- Enables the administrator to share spare drives with numerous RAID volumes on the TS-1270U-RP. When a hard drive fails in any RAID volume, the global hot-spare drive automatically replaces the failed drive, in order to prevent data loss. Compared to a local spare drive, the Global Hot Spare function provides more efficient use of spare drives.
- Multiple LAN Deployment
The TS-1270U-RP provides support for numerous bonding modes: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing) and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
The LAN ports of the TS-1270U-RP can be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost file transfer speeds. It works with a managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
The LAN ports of the TS-1270U-RP may be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to enhance file transfer speeds. It functions with a managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
The TS-1270U-RP may be deployed with multiple IP settings to enable sharing among various workgroups in 2 different subnets.
- System Management Tools
Instant SMS and Email and Alert
You can configure the SMTP server and SMS server settings on the Turbo NAS in order to receive instant system warning or error messages via email and SMS.
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
Collect the information, warning or errors on the TS-1270U-RP and send warnings to up to 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
Enable this option in order to remotely power on the TS-1270U-RP via Wake-on-LAN. The Wake-on-LAN feature assists the administrator in the convenient management of the NAS. Scheduled Power on / off
Generate schedules to automatically turn on, turn off or restart the TS-1270U-RP. You can set up to 15 schedules.
S.M.A.R.T. and Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS)
Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) aids the administrator in monitoring the hard disk status. The TS-1270U-RP also supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and scanning bad blocks.
Comprehensive Event Logs
Detailed logs of file-level access to the TS-1270U-RP by Samba, iSCSI, FTP, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet and SSH, as well as networking services accessed by online users, are all capable of being recorded.
Available QPKG Software Plugins
Maximize TS-1270U-RP usage via the installation of extra QPKG software plugins developed by users and communities worldwide.