The BackTrack D-Tour Bear Grylls Edition GPS from Bushnell is a handheld digital navigation device that helps a hiker keep their heading or find their way back to camp. This GPS automatically calibrates its digital compass and displays lat/long coordinates using data received from multiple satellite signals.
This configuration from the BackTrack series features an intuitive four-button interface that enables the operator to quickly mark waypoints and toggle the various data screens. Built-in memory storage can recall up to five locations and 48 hours of logging; at the push of a button, the BackTrack will point the way back to any of the stored waypoints. An integrated USB port allows the stored GPS data to be transferred to a computer and imported to Google maps and other open source mapping software.
- GPS automatically calibrates digital compass and acquires latitude/longitude coordinates
- Stores up to five locations and 48-hour tracking log on internal memory
- Distance displayed in yards/miles or meters/kilometers; temperature in °C or °F
- Time displayed in 12-hour or 24-hour format
- LED backlight with auto-off function
- Weather-resistant housing with attachment point for lanyard or carabiner
- Compatible with Windows XP SP1 (or later) and Mac OSX 10.4.9 (or later)