The Priolite MBX500 500W/s Monolight is an innovative light source that employs standard Xenon flash technology and an LED modeling light that draws very little power from its DC source. While loaded with professional and convenience features, the fact that the MBX500 is battery powered is what makes it unique. In keeping with the sleek profile of its extruded aluminum alloy housing, the exchangeable Lithium-ion battery plugs flush into the rear control panel as if it were part of the panel. A 3.0 hour charge will give you 220 full power flashes and thousands of minimum power flashes. What's remarkable about the MBX500 is that it recycles in only 2.5 seconds to full power and is capable of 5 minimum power flashes per second, without extending the recycling time as the battery depletes. If you need to stop action the MBX500 offers very short flash durations of 1/15,000 to 1/4,500 sec.
Triggering options include optical slave and a built-in radio receiver that requires separate purchase of a transmitter for use. Flash readiness is confirmed via a switchable audio signal. Other conveniences include multi-voltage charging, Bowens S-type mount compatibility and a 5.0 stop power range. If your battery is depleted, you can run the MBX500 on AC power through the battery and charger. The battery will commence charging when you stop shooting.
The pictured reflector is for illustration purposes only and not included.
- Exchangeable Battery
- The Priolite MBX500 is powered by the included removable exchangeable battery which can be charged within or outside of the unit allowing you to have optional backup batteries at the ready. If all of your batteries are depleted, you can run the flash head through the battery via the charger. Recycling time is the same in either mode. The battery will commence charging when your shoot is over. The battery allows 220 flashes at full power and over 6,000 flashes at minimum power.
- Extremely Fast Recycling Time
- The MBX500 recycles in 2.5 seconds to full power and is capable of 5.0 flashes per second at minimum power. The APD System dumps excess energy when the power is reduced.
- Innovative LED Array
- The LED modeling light delivers a tungsten equivalent light output of approx. 80W. LEDs have an almost unlimited life cycle and can be dimmed without changing the color temperature. The LED array features its own cooling element that permits long operational hours without overheating. There's also a temperature-activated fan which cools the whole unit guarantying uninterrupted use.
- Rugged Housing
- The extruded aluminum construction of the MBX500 functions like a protective shell that houses components safely. An elongated sleeve grasps umbrellas up to 10 mm in diameter along the full length of the flash head for extra stability. A special locking clamp prevents dimpling of the shaft.
- Glass Dome
- Standard equipment includes a glass UV coated dome which provides protection and ideal color temperature.
- Safe Mains Switch
- The main switch of the monolight is equipped with a high quality twist device that is protected by an additional cover to prevent unintentional switching-on while in transit.
- Constant Light Distribution
- The MBX500 employs a user-replaceable omega-shaped flash tube that delivers better light distribution than U-shaped tubes.
- Triggering and Recycling
- Triggering can be done by synch cable, optical slave or by radio remote control. The 5.0V sync voltage is safe for all modern cameras.