The Priolite M-Pack500 Mobile Power Pack is like having an MBX500, but without the flash tube and modeling light. It's designed as a power source for the HEAD1000 flash head. Separating the head from the power source has the distinct advantage of allowing you to place a light source in tight or hard to reach places.
The HEAD1000 (purchased separately) measures only 8.3 x 7.0" as opposed the MBX500's 15.7 x 6.7 " and weighs only 2.6 lb as opposed to the monolight's 7.0 lb. This makes t6e head a much safer bet when used on a boom above the talent or hanging overhead on ceiling supports that would be precarious with a heavier head.
In all other ways the M-Pack500 operated like the MBX500. In keeping with the sleek profile of its extruded aluminum alloy housing, the exchangeable Lithium-ion battery plugs flush into the rear control panel as if it were part of the panel. A 3.0 hour charge will give you 220 full power flashes and thousands of minimum power flashes. What's remarkable about the M-Pack500 is that like the MBX500 it recycles in only 2.5 seconds to full power and is capable of 5 minimum power flashes per second, without extending the recycling time as the battery depletes. If you need to stop action the pack offers flash durations of as short as 1/4,500 sec.
Triggering options include sync outlet, optical slave and a built-in radio receiver that requires separate purchase of a transmitter for use. Flash readiness is confirmed via a switchable audio signal and back-panel LED. Other conveniences include multi-voltage charging and a 16 - 500W/s, 5.0 stop power range variable in 1/10 increments. If your battery is depleted, you can run the M-Pack500 on AC power through the battery and charger or swap it out with one of your MBX500 batteries if you own both heads. The battery will commence charging when you stop shooting.
Note: separate purchase of HEAD1000 is required for use.
- Separate Head and Power Supply
- The M-Pack500 was designed to power its own pack head the HEAD1000 which is much lighter than an MBX500 monolight. It's ideal for mounting in tight spaces, on booms and on overhead supports with a low load capacity. Another advantage is that it uses the same battery as the MBX500
- Exchangeable Battery
- The Priolite M-Pack500 is powered by the included removable exchangeable battery which can be charged within or outside of the unit allowing you to have optional backup batteries at the ready. If all of your batteries are depleted, you can run the flash head through the battery via the charger. Recycling time is the same in either mode. The battery will commence charging when your shoot is over. The battery allows 220 flashes at full power and over 6,000 flashes at minimum power.
- Extremely Fast Recycling Time
- The M-Pack500 recycles in 2.5 seconds to full power and is capable of 5.0 flashes per second at minimum power. The APD System dumps excess energy when the power is reduced.
- Rugged Housing
- The extruded aluminum construction of the M-Pack500 functions like a protective shell that houses components safely.
- Safe Mains Switch
- The main switch of the monolight is equipped with a high quality twist device that is protected by an additional cover to prevent unintentional switching-on while in transit.
- Triggering and Recycling
- Triggering can be done by sync cable, optical slave or by radio remote control. The 5.0V sync voltage is safe for all modern cameras.