The SPS4-8 88 Key Stage Piano with Speakers from Kurzweil is a MIDI controller that delivers quality sound and functionality to the hands of musicians on stage, recording studios, rehearsals and more. It features an 88-note graded-hammer weighted LK40GH keybed with velocity sensitive adjustable keys.
The SPS4-8 features up to 128 factory presets such as the Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos, lush strings, orchestral instruments, and top-notch basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drums. Musicians can easily create splits of up to 4 zones at the touch of a button, and the SPS4-8's USB port makes it MIDI compatible with DAW software.
The keyboard features 64-note polyphony and has 64 user presets along with 64 MIDI setups. It is offered with a 16-character LCD display and a front-panel contrast adjustment knob. The stage piano is a 16-part multitimbral instrument. It also features dozens of complex effect chains taken from the Kurzweil PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects. A sustain pedal, USB cable, power cable and 19V power adapter is included.
- Playback Speakers
- This keyboard has a built-in stereo playback sound-system and features two 6" woofers in a ported enclosure with two 1" neodymium magnet dome tweeters.
- Analog Inputs
- The keyboard has two balanced TRS inputs to mix into the speaker system.
- As a controller it features a pitch ribbon, modulation slider, 1 front-panel knob, 1 switch-pedal input (supports optional, dual-pedal) and 1 continuous-control pedal input.
- Physical and USB MIDI Ports
- The SPS4-8 offers physical MIDI In, Out ports for connection to other MIDI devices. The USB port has complete MIDI functionality for use with a computer DAW.
- OS Software Updates Easily
- The SPS4-8's OS software is easily updated via USB and the keyboard can also load programs created on the Kurzweil PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards.
- Free Sounds
- Additional sounds are also available for download from the manufacturer's website.