The Spectre XT TouchSmart 15-4010nr 15.6" Ultrabook Computer from Hewlett Packard features a 15.6" capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures integrated in Windows 8 along with the traditional keyboard and touchpad. The screen also has an in-plane switching (IPS) panel for a 178° wide viewing angle. The display also features LED-backlighting for vibrant color and lower power consumption. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 32GB solid state drive cache, 2-in-1 digital media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth with WiDi (Intel Wireless Display) and Intel Smart Connect Technology, an integrated webcam and a dual array of digital microphones. There are also quad built-in speakers with Beats Audio.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that provide information, such as weather forecasts, sports scores and social network notifications, right in the icons. The tiles also update in real-time so you'll always the get the latest information without having to open the app. Windows 8 also focuses on cloud storage. You can save your personal preferences to your Microsoft account, which you'll be able to use to sign into another Windows 8 device with all your settings uploaded from the cloud. Also, Windows 8 provides you with the Windows Store for access to thousands of apps.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- The HP Spectre XT TouchSmart houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3517U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of up to 1.9GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit IPS Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 15.6" display of the HP Spectre XT TouchSmart is actually a capacitive touchscreen, capable of using multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. You'll be able to swipe, tap and zoom your way through the tiles in the Start screen. The screen uses LED backlight technology and an IPS panel for a wide 178° viewing angle. The display also uses a 16:9 aspect ratio, enhanced by its Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Stay Connected
- The HP Spectre XT TouchSmart can be connected to the Internet via a wired Ethernet cable thanks to its 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack. However, since the HP Spectre XT TouchSmart is an Ultrabook, going mobile is the way to go. Fortunately, HP provided 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support so you'll be able to connect to a Wi-Fi network with relative ease (some Wi-Fi networks are password-protected with WEP or WPA/WPA2 passwords). You'll also be able to use Bluetooth technology to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals
- Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- The HP Spectre XT TouchSmart also supports Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). Intel Wireless Display allows you to wirelessly output video from your HP Spectre XT TouchSmart to an external display with built-in WiDi or a WiDi adapter. WiDi now supports Full HD 1080p video. If you have a HDTV without WiDi, you can still output video via the HDMI port
- Beats Audio
- HP sound engineers collaborated with Dr. Dre, will.i.am and InterScope Records founder Jimmy Iovine to deliver the best audio experience available on an Ultrabook computer today. Exclusive to HP computers, this Ultrabook has integrated quad speakers with built-in Beats Audio technology. Beats Audio improves sound quality by eliminating electronic background noise, going from mute to maximum volume without flattening out the sound, adding powerful amplifiers for full-bodied sound and a bass boost button
- Ultraportable Design
- The HP Spectre XT TouchSmart features a thin aluminum-magnesium alloy chassis with a soft-touch surface cover all coated in a natural silver finish for an ultraportable yet stylish look