The BenQ MW519 WXGA 3D Multi-Region DLP Projector is designed for teaching in a small to medium-sized classroom or conference room. It provides 2800 ANSI lumens of brightness with a low noise level of only 30 dBA in Eco-Mode. It features a sharp 13,000:1 contrast ratio, WXGA 1280 x 800 native resolution, 3D Blu-ray support via HDMI and nVIDIA 3DTV PLAY support as well. The projector is powered by a DLP chip system and the lamp features a long life up to 6500 hours. The MW519 is equipped with SmartEco Technology as well, which combines optimum levels of brightness and picture quality for maximum energy savings and a lower overall cost of ownership.
The projector also features an Instant Restart function that gives you 90 seconds to restart the projector after it is accidentally powered down. Plus, the MW519 offers a No Source Detected Mode, which will automatically lower the projector lamp brightness to 30% after it has remained unconnected for three minutes. Other features include a built-in 2W mono speaker, flexible connectivity options, closed captioning and a teaching template that includes four different line patterns for using the projector on a whiteboard or blackboard. The MW519 supports ecoFACTS environmentally friendly packaging as well.
Environmentally Friendly & Cost-Saving Features
- SmartEco Technology
- SmartEco Technology is an innovative and environmentally friendly solution that enhances the energy saving capabilities of your projector's DLP system. It strikes an optimized balance between picture quality, brightness and energy efficiency. This allows students and teachers to get the most out of their classroom experience, while also helping the school by extending lamp life, minimizing maintenance and reducing the projector's total cost of ownership.
- Eco Blank Mode
- Eco Blank Mode allows teachers to blank the projection screen whenever they need to direct their students' focus back on them - or simply when the projector is not in use. When activated, this useful feature will dim the lamp power automatically, which can reduce the projector's overall power consumption by as much as 70%.
- Smart Eco Mode
- Designed to minimize power consumption and maximize energy efficiency, Smart Eco Mode cleverly adjusts the projector's lamp power by delivering optimum contrast and brightness levels that use only as much light as needed. When using SmartEco Mode, the projector may use as much as 45% less power than it uses in Normal Mode.
- No Source Detected Mode
- In the classroom, there will be times when the projector is turned on without a DVD player, computer or other display source connected. In order to reduce the amount of power wasted in these instances, BenQ created the No Source Detected Mode. It works by lowering the lamp brightness down to 30% after the projector has remained unconnected to a display source for more than three minutes.
- <0.5W Standby Power Consumption
- Even when inactive, projectors can still consume a lot of energy. To remedy this problem, the MW519 features a standby mode that keeps power consumption down to less than 0.5W when the projector is not in use. This will extend the projector's lamp life, lower your energy costs and even help protect the environment.
- ecoFACTS Label
- ecoFACTS declares that the MW519 supports the effort to replace hazardous substances by improving material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of the product. The MW519 includes arsenic-free optical glass, BFR/PVC-free casing plastics and PVC-free plastic packaging.
Entertainment Enhancing Features
- Equipped with 3D Blu-ray via HDMI
- Thanks to innovative DLP technology and HDMI connectivity, the MW519 is designed to support a variety of 3D entertainment formats including 3D field-sequentials, 3D frame-packing, 3D top-and-bottom and 3D side-by-side.
- Supports nVIDIA 3DTV PLAY
- Thanks to the inclusion of nVIDIA 3DTV PLAY, you can connect your laptop or desktop computer equipped with nVIDIA 3D Vision to your MW519 projector and enjoy high-quality 3D content and a big screen 3D entertainment experience.
- Multiple Picture Modes
- Equipped with six picture modes including Dynamic, Presentation, sRGB, Cinema, User 1 (custom) and User 2 (custom).
Thoughtful Features for the Classroom
- Closed Captioning
- The MW519 is equipped to display subtitles in video content without the need for an external closed-captioning device. Besides aiding students and faculty with hearing loss, the integrated closed captioning is also a good tool in a variety of other educational settings including language classes where a transcript of on-screen dialog is beneficial to the learning process.
- User-Friendly I/O Port Design
- To enable easy access for everyone, the input and output ports on the MW519 are clearly labeled. The interface names are identified right on the projector housing so that students and teachers will be able to find the exact connection port they need at a glance with no squinting or bending over for a closer look.
- Instant Restart
- The Instant Restart feature gives teachers a 90-second window to turn the projector back on immediately after it has been accidentally switched off. This means you won't have to wait around for lengthy startup procedures and lamp warm-ups.
- Quick Cooling
- The Quick Cooling feature reduces the standard projector lamp cool down period by over 60%. This saves you time, but it also saves you money since the faster cooling time minimizes the risk of heat damage to sensitive internal components.
- Teaching Template
- To make your teaching job easier, BenQ has added the teaching template function to the MW519. It features four distinct line pattern designs to choose from including Letter Formation, Musical Staff, Worksheet and Coordinate Chart. Each one allows you to easily write or draw on whiteboards - and blackboards - without the need of drawing lines or charts.
- Choose from 28 OSD Languages
- The projector supports 28 on-screen display languages. These include: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Dutch, Turkish, Czech, Portuguese, Thai, Polish, Hungarian, Croatian, Romanian, Norwegian, Danish, Bulgarian, Finnish, Indonesian, Greek, Hindi and Arabic.