This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The 4-16x44 MeoStar R1 Riflescope from Meopta features a MW HV reticle, combining a fully multicoated 30mm optical path with a nitrogen-filled aluminum housing to create a intermediate to long-range zoom optic that is built for dependable low light and weatherproof performance. This scope's one-piece housing is machined from aerospace aluminum and anodized for increased corrosion resistance. Each lens is multicoated with Meopta's proprietary MB5501 anti-reflective coating to maximize light transmission and enhance image contrast throughout the zoom range.
This MeoStar series scope is equipped with a McWhorter HV (MW HV) reticle etched into the second focal plane. The reticle pattern has a fine crosshair with four medium-weight posts as well as ranging subtensions and bullet drop compensation lines optimized at the 16x magnification setting for a .264 round with .612 ballistic coefficient at 3225 ft/sec. Another feature assisting the shooter's long-range accuracy is a parallax correction ring on the objective bell that can set from 10 yds to infinity.
Complementing the durable housing and high-transmission optics, the MeoStar R1 4-16x44 scope features MeoTrack II posi-click windage and elevation turrets that provide tactile and audible feedback that confirms the 1/4 MOA impact point corrections without requiring the observer to take their eye off the field of view. These turrets also employ an improved erector that uses positive resistance to ensure precise adjustments and maintain zero even when subjected to recoil from heavy caliber rifles.
Further equipping this MeoStar riflescope for years of quality service, the exposed surface of objective and ocular lenses are multicoated with a MeoShield abrasion resistant coating that protects against light scratches and helps moisture roll off the lens surface. The final elements in the MeoStar optical path belong to the MeoQuick fast-focus eyepiece, which enables rapid focus adjustment in addition to rendering edge-to-edge sharpness and a comfortable 3.9" eye relief. Each MeoStar riflescope is assembled in the USA and backed by Meopta's North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
- Optical Performance
- 4-16x magnification, 44mm objective
- 30mm main tube diameter
- Fully multicoated optics, MeoBright 5501 anti-reflective coatings
- Parallax adjustable from 10 yd to infinity
- 26-7 ft (8-2.1m) field of view at 100 yd
- 4.9-1.4° angle of view, 3.9-3.1" eye relief, 11-2.8mm exit pupil
- Second plane MW HV reticle with holdover lines set for .264 caliber ballistics
- Use and Handling
- 1/4 MOA impact point correction
- 42 MOA impact point correction range
- MeoTrack II windage/elevation turrets with tactile feedback
- MeoQuick fast focus eyepiece with ±3 diopter correction
- Parallax correction dial on objective bell
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof/waterproof housing
- Aerospace aluminum chassis with ELOX anodized hard coat
- MeoShield abrasion resistant multicoating on exposed lens surfaces
- MeoTrack II erector provides positive resistance for maintaining zero
- Matte black finish
- 24.2 oz (686g) weight