The MeoPod TP-1 Spotting Scope Tripod from Meopta is a suitable choice for hunters who need a rugged, lightweight, and stable tripod for quick and easy use in the field. This tripod is helpful for long-distance observation using a spotting scope (sold separately).
The tripod’s two-way fluid head, guided by a long handle, delivers vibration-free panning and tilting action, which is an advantage when digiscoping or iScoping in the movie mode. The lockable handle allows for quick and stable image capturing after the target is acquired, whether in the photo or video mode. Using an angled spotting scope and Meopta MeoPix iPhone Adapter (both sold separately), a shooter can see and photograph bullet holes in targets at great distances without having to leave the shooting position.
The MeoPod Tripod also features quick-release levers to speed deployment of the padded, anodized legs, and its leg pivots adjust to four different angles for more versatile observation and photography. The maximum total height with center riser extended is 70”, and there is a center hook for hanging extra weight, such as a backpack, for additional stability if desired.
For added speed and convenience, the MeoPod Tripod fits Meopta’s MeoStar S82 Spotting Scopes without the need for an adapter plate but can be used with other brands of spotters with an adapter plate, which is included. This tripod also features a built-in bubble level to help ensure precise alignment.
Weighing just 5.85 lb, this lightweight tripod folds to 26” for easy carrying and also comes with a stylish Cordura carrying case.
Note! Tripod is not designed for use with SLR cameras.
- Lightweight and stable, the Spotting Scope Tripod comes equipped with a two-way head for long-distance observation
- Three-section legs and center riser extend to 70"
- The head allows smooth, vibration-free panning and tilt action
- Leg pivots adjust to different angles for easy leveling on uneven surfaces
- Hang a weight on the center hook for additional stability
- Folds to 26" long for easy transport and storage