This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The RDX-650D Underwater Housing & RDX Standard Port Set from Sea & Sea are specifically designed for use with Canon Digital Cameras such as the EOS 650D / 700D and EOS Rebel T4i / T5i.
The black RDX-650D Underwater Housing helps protect the compatible Digital SLR cameras during underwater expeditions. This housing can be easily mounted on these Digital SLR cameras via the included camera quick shoe accessory. This high-quality housing, made with polycarbonate and resin, is strong and durable and comes with a depth rating of up to 200’ (60.0 m).
The RDX Standard Flat Port enables usage of most standard zoom lenses when combined with the RDX-650D housing. It features an O-ring and locks into the concave part of the port mount ring. This port is constructed from corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy.
When the RDX-650D housing is shipped, it is sealed with a connector cap.
The YS converter/C is not compatible with this product.
Check for specks of dust, scratches, or deformities on O-ring and its contact surface before attaching the standard flat port.
- The Camera Quick Shoe enables easy mounting and removal of the camera. It effortlessly slides into the slot, up to the designated position. There is almost no need for complicated position and gear alignments, which makes it easy for beginners to mount the camera.
Two Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets
- By inserting the fiber-optic cable into the housing connector, an external strobe will be optically connected to the camera's built-in flash, enabling fully-featured strobe photography and creative lighting expression.
Compatible with VF180 1.2x Viewfinders
- By attaching the VF180 prism viewfinder with a magnification ratio of 1.2x to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and the entire field of view can be seen at the same time. 1
Customer-Replaceable Strobe Connector
- A Sync Cord 2-pin Strobe Connector (sold separately) can be used with this underwater housing. Removing the accessory connector cap and installing the Sync Cord/N (sold separately) will enable usage of the 5-pin Sync Cord/N or the 5-pin Dual Sync Cord/N.
Optical Viewfinder 0.5x
- The housing features an optical viewfinder (0.5x) that makes it easy to see the whole field of view. An exchangeable viewfinder (sold separately) can be used as well. The viewfinder reduces vignetting in the image. It is recommended for wide-angle photography or in situations when it is essential to check the overall composition of the picture. Depending on the situation, the viewfinder can also be replaced with a standard pick-up viewfinder (sold separately). 2
- The housing set enables various ports including NX ports to be mounted when used with the RDX Port Base L (sold separately) or the RDX Port Base S (sold separately) in order to accommodate different kinds of lenses.
Easily Operated Shutter Lever
- This feature is useful for taking quick snapshots. The shutter lever can be operated in 2 ways, either by pushing from the top or by pulling from the front. It offers a smooth halfway press for adjusting the autofocus.
Large Buckle Structure (with Lock Function)
- This feature makes it easier to open and close the back cover than existing metal locking latches.
Using External Strobes
- By attaching an SA8, a SEA ARM 7 Compact, or a similar arm (all sold separately) set to the tripod socket at the bottom of the housing, up to 2 external strobes can be mounted.
- When using the Grip-Stay L II (sold separately), you can hold the camera firmly with both hands just as you can with conventional housings. 3